QUESTIONS ON AMP AND SUBS

Participant count
  • Participants list

escottl92

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am building my truck to compete again, i have 08 F150 4 door, pulling back seat out.  The size i have for a box is 58" L X 36"H X 33"W, my question is which should i go with, Ampere Audio AA-5000.1D on 2 18" Incriminator Audio Judge or Orion 8000.1D on 2 15" HCCA????????  I am upgrading alt, changing batt under hood and adding 2 batts in the back.  Technically im doing BIG 3

I am building my truck to compete again, i have 08 F150 4 door, pulling back seat out.  The size i have for a box is 58" L X 36"H X 33"W, my question is which should i go with, Ampere Audio AA-5000.1D on 2 18" Incriminator Audio Judge or Orion 8000.1D on 2 15" HCCA????????  I am upgrading alt, changing batt under hood and adding 2 batts in the back.  Technically im doing BIG 3
youll definitely need to do at least the big 3 with what youre wanting to do. The orion amps are bad ass but the subs are laughable in comparison. With those goals, youre either going to want to get some group 31 or group 34 agm batteries and about 3 runs of 0 gauge to the cabin. Of course, youre also going to want to do several grounds of the same electrical capability to keep up with the + draw. Are you wanting to do a wall? 4th order bandpass i imagine. The FI btl neos would be better subs for effectively removing your windshield if thats what youre after

I do not want to do a wall!!! What is a 4th order band pass box?

i never heard of those subs, what are they??

yes I am doing all the upgrade wire, positive and ground, 3 batteries total

Is there another amp sub combo anyone can suggest??

how are you planning on doing 18"s and provide them enough airspace without doing a wall? even a sealed box for these things is huge much less a ported one

If my calculations are correct 58” L by 36” H by 33W =39 cubic ft is that not big enough for 2 18”??

Bump. Inquiring minds want to know?

I'd try to help you out op but I just found out what Winisd and box calculators are last week. I couldn't even visualize it. 

If my calculations are correct 58” L by 36” H by 33W =39 cubic ft is that not big enough for 2 18”??
thats 34.157 sq/ft. total sealed area taking into consideration 1" wood thickness assuming those measurements are external dimensions. total internal volume. this isnt taking into consideration the displacement of the driver or the port. also assuming youre going with a ported box

Yes that is correct, I am going ported.

i am still learning what box size I need for subs, I could drop down to 2 15” in the same size box if that works better? 

I have 34 sq/ft of box I can use, I would like to know if it’s possible with 18” or need to drop to 15”???

Yes that is correct, I am going ported.

i am still learning what box size I need for subs, I could drop down to 2 15” in the same size box if that works better? 

I have 34 sq/ft of box I can use, I would like to know if it’s possible with 18” or need to drop to 15”???
its possible depending on what tuning youre after

My batteries will go in bed, I can build it that way or subs facing up and port. 

If you have another idea I’m open to it, I’m still learning.

thank you for all the help

I think you guys need to pump the brakes on the enclosure and figure out where the rest of the equipment is going to go and what the electrical system can sustain. Once that is figured out, THEN see how much space is left for the enclosure, allowing for proper airflow and loading.

You dont just build a box because you have x amount of space available. A build this big needs considerable planning. 

Thank you for the feed back, I’m upgrading alt, changing battery under hood, adding two batteries in back that are going in the bed, I am running all the nessasary runs of 1/0 from alt to all batteries. I’m installing many fuse holders. My 4 channel and mono block amps will be behind the front seats. I think I have thought of everything. I have it all drawn out and most of it is ordered already

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.