update firmware on avh2300nex

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
so, the instructions say that the parking brake must be engaged, so i went and tried to run the update since i have that bypass module attached. Well, it must be that the system requires the parking brake to be engaged for x amount of time because the update firmware box never lit up as a pressable option. I tapped it repeatedly since the bypass module sends pulses of ground to the unit to simulate repeated parking brake engagement and disengagement to fool the deck into thinking that you have done the dumb pattern it requires to be able to play video. Does anyone have any experience with updating the firmware with one of these bypass modules installed?

The update has to be the only thing on the flash drive and it has to be in the specific format specified.

I had issues on my avh-x2800bhs but I never had to undo my bypass.
thanks for chiming in man. Ill reformat the drive i used again and put the .avh file. I guess i do kinda like how they put the file in a .avh format to mirror the model number of the deck, but it just seemed a bit weird when i unzipped the .zip. Mul old home made bypass consisting of a relay that required me to press source on the deck to turn it off which triggered the relay to disengage then turn it back on which re-engaged it would have been a dead lock. My main concern is that the update button never lit up for me to select it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.