Need help converting Slot port to aeroport measurement 52.0"sq x20'' L

Participant count
  • Participants list

94 ranger

CarAudio.com Recruit
52.0 sq inch " vent x 20" long 

What is  this equivalent of that for Round aeroport diameter and length ?

Just makes no sense I know the calaculated  port dimensions I need for Four 10"  subwoofers at 3.25cbft total, but i am going round  aeroport route not slot vented. 52.sq means what ? The total port area? But if the specs say 52.0sq x 20" L  what size aero  port would that equivelate too?

Seems every subwoofer company calculates a generic pdf box design for a  bias 🤣 slot port recommendation as if aeroport isnt a option.

I calculated  for a  3.25cbft box after port and woofer displacement with One single round port 4 inches in  diameter x 5.58" in length to achieve 35hz tuning. Or one 6" Inch port at 14.75" long.

Can anyone very this with your method of calculating ? The  Port length seems like it would be shorter for a 6" diameter port and need to be longer for a 4 inch port.  Unless I'm wrong. 

20190201_211330.jpg

20190201_211345.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
52.0 sq inch " vent x 20" long 

What is  this equivalent of that for Round aeroport diameter and length ?

Just makes no sense I know the calaculated  port dimensions I need for Four 10"  subwoofers at 3.25cbft total, but i am going round  aeroport route not slot vented. 52.sq means what ? The total port area? But if the specs say 52.0sq x 20" L  what size aero  port would that equivelate too?

Seems every subwoofer company calculates a generic pdf box design for a  bias 🤣 slot port recommendation as if aeroport isnt a option.

I calculated  for a  3.25cbft box after port and woofer displacement with One single round port 4 inches in  diameter x 5.58" in length to achieve 35hz tuning. Or one 6" Inch port at 14.75" long.

Can anyone very this with your method of calculating ? The  Port length seems like it would be shorter for a 6" diameter port and need to be longer for a 4 inch port.  Unless I'm wrong. 

View attachment 4115

View attachment 4116
52 sq" is the total port area. The larger the diameter the longer the port will need to be to achieve the same tune as a smaller diameter. There are companies that give suggested round port size and length at their suggested box volume.Personally I rely on software programs like bass box pro or winisd when deciding on what diameter/ length round port to use. You didn't mention what subs or what amp you're going to be using? 4 10s in 3.25 net? Idk seems awfully small to me anyway. 

Personally I rely on software programs like bass box pro or winisd when deciding on what diameter/ length round port to use. You didn't mention what subs or what amp you're going to be using
:iagree: ... good advice... using just a calculator is not going to be very accurate. The results you get from using a calculator are only as good as the info you input from modeling

52 sq" is the total port area. The larger the diameter the longer the port will need to be to achieve the same tune as a smaller diameter. There are companies that give suggested round port size and length at their suggested box volume.Personally I rely on software programs like bass box pro or winisd when deciding on what diameter/ length round port to use. You didn't mention what subs or what amp you're going to be using? 4 10s in 3.25 net? Idk seems awfully small to me anyway. 
4 soundqubed hds2.110 subs

4k amp , it is 3.25cbft after all neccessary displacement for 4 of these particular woofers regardless of  box design.

I did rely on a somewhat reputable port size calculator that bases port size on cbft number of ports and desired tune/hz. 

What subs, what amp, what vehicle, what are the listening goals?
Silverado box under rear bench seat 3 inch modified C - channel seat  lift for clearance. 

Crescendo 4 k amp "Four soundqubes hds2.110s 

The box build has a few usual designs that have been done seen on YouTube, forward firing Faceplate   made 55 inches width "length of the bench seat" x  11 inches tall .

Back plate 55" across x7" tall the depth is the my variable for adding subtracting to achieve 3.25cbft based on a few odd symmetrical shapes at the trans hump. Other then that it's  a fairly squared shape box build for two 10s on pass side and two 10s on driver side 

I just am trying to calculate with 3.25cbft internal after displacement how can I tune an aeroport for 33-35hz I will only have a max of 4" diameter port to fit off one end of the box. 

I'm a decent box builder for sealed applications, just having a hard time coming to terms for a aeroport . Excuse my somewhat newbness.

All legit answers /help are appreciated and works great  for me other then peoples  sarcasm which never pays it forward in life.

Thanks in advance follow audio friends .

4 soundqubed hds2.110 subs

4k amp , it is 3.25cbft after all neccessary displacement for 4 of these particular woofers regardless of  box design.

I did rely on a somewhat reputable port size calculator that bases port size on cbft number of ports and desired tune/hz. 
so how do you know port velocity is not going to be too high even if the length happens to be right? 
Out of curiosity what do they recommend for enclosure size for 1 sub?
I looked at the specs on their web site and must say I like the listed spec. For xmax  (coming soon) 

Silverado box under rear bench seat 3 inch modified C - channel seat  lift for clearance. 

Crescendo 4 k amp "Four soundqubes hds2.110s 

The box build has a few usual designs that have been done seen on YouTube, forward firing Faceplate   made 55 inches width "length of the bench seat" x  11 inches tall .

Back plate 55" across x7" tall the depth is the my variable for adding subtracting to achieve 3.25cbft based on a few odd symmetrical shapes at the trans hump. Other then that it's  a fairly squared shape box build for two 10s on pass side and two 10s on driver side 

I just am trying to calculate with 3.25cbft internal after displacement how can I tune an aeroport for 33-35hz I will only have a max of 4" diameter port to fit off one end of the box. 

I'm a decent box builder for sealed applications, just having a hard time coming to terms for a aeroport . Excuse my somewhat newbness.

All legit answers /help are appreciated and works great  for me other then peoples  sarcasm which never pays it forward in life.

Thanks in advance follow audio friends .
That is not enough airspace for those subs. You need a minimum of 5cf for those subs. 

As far as the size of the aeroport, you will need a minimum of an 8inch aeroport for the level of power you are using. 

You have the space for 4 8s, not 4 10s.

Time to go back to the drawing board. 

even 5 cubes net is small for 4 10s, you're trying to cram nearly the same surface area of drivers under the seat of a silverado when I had to completely remove my silverados backseat to fit 2 15s with a 7.5 net cube box

Don't choke 4 10s unless you want the same or less output from them as someone who has 2 10s in the proper size box. Consider the fact that 4 10s is more cone area than 1 18

even 5 cubes net is small for 4 10s, you're trying to cram nearly the same surface area of drivers under the seat of a silverado when I had to completely remove my silverados backseat to fit 2 15s with a 7.5 net cube box

Don't choke 4 10s unless you want the same or less output from them as someone who has 2 10s in the proper size box. Consider the fact that 4 10s is more cone area than 1 18
5 cubes is right for decent sound quality and loudness for those subs. They tend to sound like complete sh*t and peaky with too much airspace.

inefficient but designed for small enclosures?
More like flatter response, wider bandwidth, better group delay (aka accuracy) and still almost just as loud.   The whole big box thing is just to create bloated low notes imo. You are sacrificing several dbs elsewhere on the frequency response chart  along with making your sh*t sloppy just to get 1 ish db more output at port tuning and these soundqubed HDS subs get peaky fast. Thats definitely not worth it in the slightest bit IMO. They literally dont need 1.5 to 2 cubes net for each 10... 1.25 cubes per 10 is more than plenty to get them going. 

More like flatter response, wider bandwidth, better group delay (aka accuracy) and still almost just as loud.   The whole big box thing is just to create bloated low notes imo. You are sacrificing several dbs elsewhere on the frequency response chart  along with making your sh*t sloppy just to get 1 ish db more output at port tuning and these soundqubed HDS subs get peaky fast. Thats definitely not worth it in the slightest bit IMO. They literally dont need 1.5 to 2 cubes net for each 10... 1.25 cubes per 10 is more than plenty to get them going. 
cone area certainly doesnt scale linearly then

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.