92d07f568bde139be03a56b380c96c2f?fmt=pjpHello,
I would like to know how to connect a crossover to the amplifier.

there are 2 crossovers that have 2 way and 3 way

they have in+ and in-
and for tweeters, sub and medium.

thanks
regards

61zTb5MuLhL._SX679_.jpg

Edited by varano_ohms

Amplifier output is wired to the crossover inputs then each speaker (tweeter, mid, woofer) is wired to the crossover outputs for the respective speaker.  Don't mix those up.

The manual for the speakers should include diagrams (otherwise you can reference manuals for other brands like Alpine). 

2014 Accord Sport build log:

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos

My 1966 MGB Restoration: http://www.mgexp.com/journal/keephopealive

Fix Photobucket Image Loading ------> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/ <------

2016caraudiologos (2).jpg

On 2/5/2019 at 6:34 PM, keep_hope_alive said:

Amplifier output is wired to the crossover inputs then each speaker (tweeter, mid, woofer) is wired to the crossover outputs for the respective speaker.  Don't mix those up.

The manual for the speakers should include diagrams (otherwise you can reference manuals for other brands like Alpine). 

thanks

I already understood this

I would like to be sure that in + and in - (crossover)
they must be connected to front speaker out (amplifier) for tweeters and mids
respectively a + l and -l (if I want to put on the left channel) or a + r and -r if I want to put them right channel.

so if I have 2 tweeters and 2 woofers do I need 2 crossovers (2 way) to cover both the right and the left front channel ?

Yes. If you have 2 components (woofer and tweeter) you will need 2 crossovers. Generally you'd put the crossover in each door.

Edited by chillin

Children are the future… today belongs to me!

17 hours ago, chillin said:

Yes. If you have 2 components (woofer and tweeter) you will need 2 crossovers. Generally you'd put the crossover in each door.

thanks

if instead I have a 3 way crossover
where there are tweeters, woofer and sub

in this case how do you connect?

51eORtHqOtL._SX355_.jpg

Edited by varano_ohms

Don't put crossovers inside doors.  They will get wet and rust quickly, then fail.  Always keep crossovers dry.  The space between the door panel and door metal (inside) can be used, but secure it well.

A 3-way is the same as a 2-way, with just one more speaker connection.  You said you understood my first description, what specifically do you not still understand about a 3-way with a tweeter, midrange, and woofer driver?    Subwoofers aren't connected to 3-way crossovers.  Subwoofers have separate amplifier channels with dedicated crossovers (usually electronic). 

2014 Accord Sport build log:

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos

My 1966 MGB Restoration: http://www.mgexp.com/journal/keephopealive

Fix Photobucket Image Loading ------> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/ <------

2016caraudiologos (2).jpg

7 hours ago, keep_hope_alive said:

Don't put crossovers inside doors.  They will get wet and rust quickly, then fail.  Always keep crossovers dry.  The space between the door panel and door metal (inside) can be used, but secure it well.

A 3-way is the same as a 2-way, with just one more speaker connection.  You said you understood my first description, what specifically do you not still understand about a 3-way with a tweeter, midrange, and woofer driver?    Subwoofers aren't connected to 3-way crossovers.  Subwoofers have separate amplifier channels with dedicated crossovers (usually electronic). 

thanks

I thought a 3 way crossover could connect tweeter, woofer, sub

instead it connects tweeters, midrange and woofer

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now