Crossover -- Wiring -- Amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

varano_ohms

CarAudio.com Recruit
92d07f568bde139be03a56b380c96c2f
Hello,
I would like to know how to connect a crossover to the amplifier.

there are 2 crossovers that have 2 way and 3 way

they have in+ and in-
and for tweeters, sub and medium.

thanks
regards

61zTb5MuLhL._SX679_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amplifier output is wired to the crossover inputs then each speaker (tweeter, mid, woofer) is wired to the crossover outputs for the respective speaker.  Don't mix those up.

The manual for the speakers should include diagrams (otherwise you can reference manuals for other brands like Alpine). 

Amplifier output is wired to the crossover inputs then each speaker (tweeter, mid, woofer) is wired to the crossover outputs for the respective speaker.  Don't mix those up.

The manual for the speakers should include diagrams (otherwise you can reference manuals for other brands like Alpine). 
thanks

I already understood this

I would like to be sure that in + and in - (crossover)
they must be connected to front speaker out (amplifier) for tweeters and mids
respectively a + l and -l (if I want to put on the left channel) or a + r and -r if I want to put them right channel.

so if I have 2 tweeters and 2 woofers do I need 2 crossovers (2 way) to cover both the right and the left front channel ?

Don't put crossovers inside doors.  They will get wet and rust quickly, then fail.  Always keep crossovers dry.  The space between the door panel and door metal (inside) can be used, but secure it well.

A 3-way is the same as a 2-way, with just one more speaker connection.  You said you understood my first description, what specifically do you not still understand about a 3-way with a tweeter, midrange, and woofer driver?    Subwoofers aren't connected to 3-way crossovers.  Subwoofers have separate amplifier channels with dedicated crossovers (usually electronic). 

Don't put crossovers inside doors.  They will get wet and rust quickly, then fail.  Always keep crossovers dry.  The space between the door panel and door metal (inside) can be used, but secure it well.

A 3-way is the same as a 2-way, with just one more speaker connection.  You said you understood my first description, what specifically do you not still understand about a 3-way with a tweeter, midrange, and woofer driver?    Subwoofers aren't connected to 3-way crossovers.  Subwoofers have separate amplifier channels with dedicated crossovers (usually electronic). 

thanks

I thought a 3 way crossover could connect tweeter, woofer, sub

instead it connects tweeters, midrange and woofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.