What ohm is this if u hook the positive and negative to the outside corners of the subwoofer ? Also my amp is an alpine 3539...bridged pushes about 40

Participant count
  • Participants list
8ohm. That jumper in the middle puts the coils in series. There is no way to make this single sub a 4ohm load to the amp unless you only connect one coil (which is NOT recommended). You can either run the coils parallel for a final load of 2ohms, or run the coils in series for an 8ohm final load to the amp. in theory you'll see about 200 watts running an 8hm mono load on that amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks for the info. I'm guessing 8 ohm isn't the loudest way to run this sub do you have any opinions on how i should run it???...i have another jumper wire I could use too.

Ok thanks for the info. I'm guessing 8 ohm isn't the loudest way to run this sub do you have any opinions on how i should run it???...i have another jumper wire I could use too.
You can: A get a sub that is 4ohm and run it on your amp. B you can get an amp that is 2ohm stable and run the sub with the coils parallel. C you can run the sub at 8ohms into your amp and get about 200watts of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.