Intermittent Stereo low volume/distortion

Participant count
  • Participants list

JSully

CarAudio.com Newbie
To start off i have an 02 Ford Escape, current setup is a Pioneer Avh-201ex head unit and Rockford Fosgate P1683 speakers, soon to be adding a powered subwoofer. I'm having this problem where every once in awhile the stereo volume will have to be raised more than normal to match the volume i would normally listen to it at. For example, i normally listen around 14-15 volume and it will sound clean and have good bass, but when this problem happens, to match the same volume I'd have to raise it to probably around 20-22 and overall it sounds much worse and distorts the sound really bad, with almost no bass. In the past i fixed the problem by turning off the car and turning it on again, but i tried that a couple times tonight when the problem started and it didn't fix it. Any help would be appreciated, overall I'm pretty new to car audio. 

To start off i have an 02 Ford Escape, current setup is a Pioneer Avh-201ex head unit and Rockford Fosgate P1683 speakers, soon to be adding a powered subwoofer. I'm having this problem where every once in awhile the stereo volume will have to be raised more than normal to match the volume i would normally listen to it at. For example, i normally listen around 14-15 volume and it will sound clean and have good bass, but when this problem happens, to match the same volume I'd have to raise it to probably around 20-22 and overall it sounds much worse and distorts the sound really bad, with almost no bass. In the past i fixed the problem by turning off the car and turning it on again, but i tried that a couple times tonight when the problem started and it didn't fix it. Any help would be appreciated, overall I'm pretty new to car audio. 
either a loose connection or a bad head unit. i had a avh-x4500bt crap out on me and it was only a few years old also not entirely pleased with the avh-2300nex i currently have. this camel guy might be switching over to marlboro for my next purchase

or could be your music source, ex. going from a 128 kbps to 192+....(sorry if your smart enough to know the difference, alot of tards around here lately)....does it do it on same song/album?.....

Checked all connections, everything was still good. The problem hasn't came back since i originally posted, and no it's definitely not a certain song/album. Last time it happened it was like that all day and partly into the next morning and then went back to normal after i restarted the car. Maybe it's something to do with the cold messing with the head unit on certain days or something 🤷‍♂️ I honestly have no idea 

Checked all connections, everything was still good. The problem hasn't came back since i originally posted, and no it's definitely not a certain song/album. Last time it happened it was like that all day and partly into the next morning and then went back to normal after i restarted the car. Maybe it's something to do with the cold messing with the head unit on certain days or something 🤷‍♂️ I honestly have no idea 
did you make the proper sacrifices to the car audio gods? they require a herring and a shrubbery!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.