help for a first time installer

Participant count
  • Participants list

wdotson3

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone, 

I am attempting to install a Boss BV9382NV in my 2002 acura RSX, I helped to install the aftermarket radio that is currently in it, However I was pretty much told to do things, didnt have to figure out too much for myself.  Just a quick note, I know Boss is not the best headunit but I am selling my car and it was a good price and allowed me to update the audio/navigation/ and add a rear view camera so it works for what i'm trying to do.  the thing that is a little different for me with this install is that there are a LOT more wires coming from the headunit and I am using the Metra 70- 1725 harness to integrate the headunit with the factory amp/sub.  I have 3 pictures showing the harnesses with wires labeled..  Because the headunit and the metra harness both have 4 RCA connectors for the speakers, I am assuming that the headunit wiring harness will have all speaker labeled wires capped off since the RCA's would be used (if this is not right please correct me.) The things that I do not know are what to do with the extra wires (such as P ant, key A, Key B, key ground.)  I believe yellow to yellow,  ground to ground,  12volt power to accessory, but the "amp turn on" and orange I do not know about . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

wiring diagram.jpg

headunit harnesses_edited-1.jpg

Metra harness 70-1725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job organizing your question.

The RCA from the Metra harness are used when the car has a factory external amplifier that accepts low level signals. This is trim specific (meaning higher trim levels likely have the external amp while lower trim levels may not).  You'll want to verify that your specific vehicle has the amplifier.  One quick test would be the resistance measured at the speaker wires into the car.  If you measure around 4 ohms then you don't use the RCA and you power the speakers from the head unit.  If you measure around 1,000ohms (or more) then you use the RCA.

The manual for the new head unit will have an explanation of the extra wires.  Orange wires are for dimmer and illumination.  Need to coordinate their use with the vehicle and the radio.  Dimmer adjusts the brightness of the display to match the dash lights.  Illumination switches between daytime and nighttime dash lighting settings. 

P.Ant is power antenna switched 12V when the factory FM antenna has a built-in amplifier.  P.Cont is usually switched 12V for the factory amplifier needing a turn-on signal.  The Key signals need to be coordinated with the instructions, that isn't typical nomenclature. 

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to install a Boss BV9382NV in my 2002 acura RSX, I helped to install the aftermarket radio that is currently in it, However I was pretty much told to do things, didnt have to figure out too much for myself. Just a quick note, I know Boss is not the best headunit but I am selling my car and it was a good price and allowed me to update the audio/navigation/ and add a rear view camera so it works for what i'm trying to do. the thing that is a little different for me with this install is that there are a LOT more wires coming from the headunit and I am using the Metra 70- 1725 harness to integrate the headunit with the factory amp/sub. I have 3 pictures showing the harnesses with wires labeled.. Because the headunit and the metra harness both have 4 RCA connectors for the speakers, I am assuming that the headunit wiring harness will have all speaker labeled wires capped off since the RCA's would be used (if this is not right please correct me.) The things that I do not know are what to do with the extra wires (such as P ant, key A, Key B, key ground.) I believe yellow to yellow, ground to ground, 12volt power to accessory, but the "amp turn on" and orange I do not know about . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 4092

View attachment 4093

View attachment 4094
Guys I know these feeds old but I need help boss audio pre amp connection can
some one tell me where the I put each pin please

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...