Headunit rca voltage

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ayork

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have an older sony (cdx-gt130)single din. It says it has 2v preouts. I was checking the voltage output and signal to find where clipping is, the voltage at

30/40 v2.2+ 

35/40 v3+

37/40 v4+ 

38 is clipping

The headunit on its way out, im lost. Loudness is off fyi.

I have an older sony (cdx-gt130)single din. It says it has 2v preouts. I was checking the voltage output and signal to find where clipping is, the voltage at

30/40 v2.2+ 

35/40 v3+

37/40 v4+ 

38 is clipping

The headunit on its way out, im lost. Loudness is off fyi.
where are you getting these voltage readings from? also, loudness doesnt increase the output voltage past the physical capability of the unit itself. If its says 2 volts and puts out 4 with loudness on, believe me theyd call it a 4v deck

From the ends on the rca that would go in to the amp. I had all settings zeroed when testing. Ill test again and post a vid.

Useing a budget oscope.
not sure how accurate that is then, but its entirely possible. to be safe, you should set the gains according to the reading on the o-scope and if you can, try to verify voltage via a DMM, however youre not going to hurt anything having the gains lower than versus if they are set too high

Which tone did you check the RCA voltage from HU? I just literally watched an EXO vid of him tuning someone's system and he did the same exact thing. Pretty good. You're leaving a few details out of the issue here.

Also I don't know if I would trust a budget oscope. Like youdofus said, I would be concerned if a company rated pre out RCA's as 2v and you checked them and got 4. So who's lying?!

Btw, I just got this HU this week...

002.jpg

Btw, I just got this HU this week...

View attachment 4095
fucker.... im jelly. I am waiting, hoping and praying for the day when they come out with a DD with the 80prs features. ****, i think pioneer (or any reputable brand for that matter) would pair up with a DSP company like dayton, rockford, JL, Helix etc etc and put something better in decks. Its about f*****g time they put the peanut butter with the jelly and made some magic happen

Had time to retest, feel dumb now.. *sigh* i dont know what i did in the first testing. This go around i oscope the rca with -5db 40hz and ran the volume knob to 50 and no clipping and reset amp gains.

Thanks

20190201_114329.jpg

20190201_111603.jpg

fucker.... im jelly. I am waiting, hoping and praying for the day when they come out with a DD with the 80prs features. ****, i think pioneer (or any reputable brand for that matter) would pair up with a DSP company like dayton, rockford, JL, Helix etc etc and put something better in decks. Its about f*****g time they put the peanut butter with the jelly and made some magic happen
Got it new...and was pretty dam cheap. Can't find it any cheaper new elsewear.

Got it new...and was pretty dam cheap. Can't find it any cheaper new elsewear.
yep, hate you LOL jk what are you calling dam cheap if you dont mind me asking? also, to the OP, this deck is kinda aging now, but it is THE go to deck for sound quality without breaking the bank. There are better decks out there, but nothing can compare to this anywhere near its price point. This is, of course, leaving out standalone DSP's. Had to put that disclimer in there before anyone decided to jump in and bite my entire head off :D

yep, hate you LOL jk what are you calling dam cheap if you dont mind me asking? also, to the OP, this deck is kinda aging now, but it is THE go to deck for sound quality without breaking the bank. There are better decks out there, but nothing can compare to this anywhere near its price point. This is, of course, leaving out standalone DSP's. Had to put that disclimer in there before anyone decided to jump in and bite my entire head off :D
@youdoofus right here  http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_34530_Pioneer_DEH-80PRS.aspx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.