6.2 inch or 7 inch

Mini Mansell

CarAudio.com Newbie
hi

absolute noob here,   

can anyone help me and explain  what teh difference between a double din radio  that is 6.2 inch and one thaqt is 7 inch.

will they both fit into a standard  dd enclosure?

i am about to hit the buy button on Ebay to  replace  the radio in my van and dont want to  screw up

Mini

hi

absolute noob here,   

can anyone help me and explain  what teh difference between a double din radio  that is 6.2 inch and one thaqt is 7 inch.

will they both fit into a standard  dd enclosure?

i am about to hit the buy button on Ebay to  replace  the radio in my van and dont want to  screw up

Mini
usually a 6.2 will have a swath of buttons on the left like this

ad44908c-c757-4eca-8a09-74a5f9a2f5b8_1.6327701da0159b852ee710accf957783.jpeg

and a 7 inch will look like this

6196517_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

outside HxW dimensions on both are the exact same, so both will iso mount identically. Depth is only a matter of the deck itself, but it should say on the ebay listing. Check crutchfield for test fitting to another item with the same depth to see if they mention any issues for your specific car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.