Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
West1

Best Battery Charger under 150.00

Recommended Posts

Whats the best battery charger under 150.00

 

Is the CTek 7002 still a top charger?

 

I've never charged my batteries over the past 2 yrs and I need to start. I might of pushed my XS Power to the limit as I drop from 14.3 to 13.1 during bass drop (stinger volt meter on sub amp). Some songs drop me to high 12's. A month ago, I would not drop lower than 13.8 and this was very few songs.

 

Mechman 270 HO

XS Power

(forget the name of the deep cycle RV battery)

0ga wiring and big 3

 

Tyvm!

Edited by West1

Mechman 270 HO alt

XS Power D3400

Duracell G31

FSD 2600

2 SA-15's

2007 Frontier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

I'd spend the extra 50 and get an XS Intellicharger

This?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_122HF1215/XS-Power-HF1215-IntelliCharger.html

 


Mechman 270 HO alt

XS Power D3400

Duracell G31

FSD 2600

2 SA-15's

2007 Frontier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, West1 said:

Yea thats it. Its 200 on Amazon. I would try to ask Crutchfield to match it. 


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Yea thats it. Its 200 on Amazon. I would try to ask Crutchfield to match it. 

Good idea, I'll reach out and see if they will price match. 

 

Im trying to search via web and the forum, I cant seem to word it correctly.

If I have a Duracell G31 AGM and an XS Power d3400 battery wired in parallel, can I hook up the charger to the battery in the hood (XS power) or do I need to charge each one separately because of different brands?

Edited by West1

Mechman 270 HO alt

XS Power D3400

Duracell G31

FSD 2600

2 SA-15's

2007 Frontier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, West1 said:

Good idea, I'll reach out and see if they will price match. 

 

Im trying to search via web and the forum, I cant seem to word it correctly.

If I have a Duracell G31 AGM and an XS Power d3400 battery wired in parallel, can I hook up the charger to the battery in the hood (XS power) or do I need to charge each one separately because of different brands?

theyre all gonna see 12 volts from the charger. The only difference between chargers is the amperage theyre capable of and if they have intelligent charging or not. Its really just a dc inverter and the intelligent ones have a processor that controls the flow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

theyre all gonna see 12 volts from the charger. The only difference between chargers is the amperage theyre capable of and if they have intelligent charging or not. Its really just a dc inverter and the intelligent ones have a processor that controls the flow

Awesome, thanks bro!


Mechman 270 HO alt

XS Power D3400

Duracell G31

FSD 2600

2 SA-15's

2007 Frontier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, West1 said:

Awesome, thanks bro!

rodger dodger!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reading Chargers, I came across these 3 that are highly recommended in order of "best".

What would be the deal breaker between the 3 to make ones decision?

I just want something that will charge quick but I see slow charge is the best way to go. The top 2 are cheaper so I hesitate to pull the trigger on double the cost if there is no overwhelming benefit.

 

 

NOCO Genius G7200 (95.00)

https://no.co/g7200?_sm_au_=isVJFFJf1zV6FZ3f

CTEK MULTI US 7002 (105.00)

https://smartercharger.com/collections/vehicle/products/ctek-multi-us-7002

XS Power HF1215 12V 15 Amp High Frequency AGM IntelliCharger (199.00)

https://4xspower.com/shop/charging/hf1215-12v-high-frequency-agm-intellicharger-15a/

 

 


Mechman 270 HO alt

XS Power D3400

Duracell G31

FSD 2600

2 SA-15's

2007 Frontier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's free & easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×