Budget Build W/NVX JAD900.5

Participant count
  • Participant list
I need to upgrade the stock speakers in my work truck. This will be a budget build which is why I'm using a 5ch amp. Need help matching a set of components and a woofer. I was looking at the IDQ65CS so far. I have a much better system in my other truck so no need for an expensive one to be in my bucket. Also can I wire the woofer on 2 ohms and still run the components on 4 ohms? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridgeline14 said:
I need to upgrade the stock speakers in my work truck. This will be a budget build which is why I'm using a 5ch amp. Need help matching a set of components and a woofer. I was looking at the IDQ65CS so far. I have a much better system in my other truck so no need for an expensive one to be in my bucket. Also can I wire the woofer on 2 ohms and still run the components on 4 ohms? 
i'd just focus all the power on one component and leave rear speakers stock on head unit power.  I'd get the XS components and bridge your NVX instead rather than two pairs of idq comps underpowered.

i'd just focus all the power on one component and leave rear speakers stock on head unit power.  I'd get the XS components and bridge your NVX instead rather than two pairs of idq comps underpowered.
I'm only going to put components in the the front, nothing in the rear. I have the xs components in my other truck and love them and even though they're cheaper now than when I bought them years ago I don't want to spend that much on a work truck. I do plan on bridging it for (4 ohms :230 watts x 2 chan. + 440 watts x 1 chan. I've never bridged an amp before and they're instructions for bridging looks like a typical setup, doesn't say anything about 2 ch

I'm only going to put components in the the front, nothing in the rear. I have the xs components in my other truck and love them and even though they're cheaper now than when I bought them years ago I don't want to spend that much on a work truck. I do plan on bridging it for (4 ohms :230 watts x 2 chan. + 440 watts x 1 chan. I've never bridged an amp before and they're instructions for bridging looks like a typical setup, doesn't say anything about 2 ch
sounds good, it'll be simple to bridge to 2 channel stereo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.