Adding a single din to newer f150

Participant count
  • Participants list

chillin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
It's been a long time since I've been on these forums as i've only had a motorcycle for the quite a few years, but looking at getting a 2016+ f150 in the next few months. It seems like the only way to upgrade stereos in these is with a line out off the stock radio. I quite like the stuff I had in my old vehicle and would prefer to use it. I have a kenwood x995 HU and like it a lot. Basically I want to run a sub amp and component amp off of that HU with new speaker wire and speakers, completely ignoring the factory stuff, but want to keep the touch screen in the dash. Has anyone done this? I can't seem to find a single din kit that keeps the factory touch screen. Anywhere else that people have mounted single dins to keep the dash looking as stock as possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to keep the factory touchscreen you'll need to use a dsp. The other option is to ditch the factory headunit and use a double din headunit with a touchscreen.

There might be dash adapter kits to shrink the opening to a single din but that means loosing the factory touchscreen.

There is no way to add a single din and keep the factory touchscreen.

If you want to keep the factory touchscreen you'll need to use a dsp. The other option is to ditch the factory headunit and use a double din headunit with a touchscreen.

There might be dash adapter kits to shrink the opening to a single din but that means loosing the factory touchscreen.

There is no way to add a single din and keep the factory touchscreen.
well, there is but it involves alchemy and harry potters wand

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.