Audio Control ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patrick Lee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello I'm just coming back to the hobby after decades. I've noticed there are new name brands and some name brands arnt what they use to be. My question is I've come across Audio Control on YouTube and am wondering if I believe the hype or are their products just over priced gimmicks? I'm planning a mid-level integration system for my Camry and the D6.1200 is looking very tempting right now. Thanks in advance any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had the lc6.1200 very well built amplifier. Wish I would have kept it. Only reason i didn't was wanting to keep a single amplifier set up but needed to be able to use a lower ohm load for the sub. Nice amplifiers imo a little pricey but solid.

Hello I'm just coming back to the hobby after decades. I've noticed there are new name brands and some name brands arnt what they use to be. My question is I've come across Audio Control on YouTube and am wondering if I believe the hype or are their products just over priced gimmicks? I'm planning a mid-level integration system for my Camry and the D6.1200 is looking very tempting right now. Thanks in advance any input is greatly appreciated.

better amps for your buck out there that will last as long, put out the same quantity and quality power

this guy for 150 will do the same 125 x 4  https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-D8604-4-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B00A02PG0C

and couple it with this guy for around $200 and youll have much more than what the AC offers for 1/3rd the price https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Gm-D9601-400-Watt-Class-Mono/dp/B00CLFM596/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548619995&sr=1-2&keywords=pioneer+mono+amp

i had the lc6.1200 very well built amplifier. Wish I would have kept it. Only reason i didn't was wanting to keep a single amplifier set up but needed to be able to use a lower ohm load for the sub. Nice amplifiers imo a little pricey but solid.
very spendy esp its built by zenon probably. unless someone is going 3 way active, or 2 way active up front and retaining the rear channels with a dsp, it dont see the point of it. even if theyre doing either of those, get 2 4 channels, or a 4 and a 2 unless space is a concern, in which case fine. But that price...

very spendy esp its built by zenon probably. unless someone is going 3 way active, or 2 way active up front and retaining the rear channels with a dsp, it dont see the point of it. even if theyre doing either of those, get 2 4 channels, or a 4 and a 2 unless space is a concern, in which case fine. But that price...
it"s not your money lol. I'm sure he's been shopping around and probably wants the dsp or he'd be looking at the lc6.1200.

Pretty sure they design and manufacture their products. At least that's what they claim on their website. Either way build quality is on a different level then a pioneer amplifier and wouldn't call it a better amp but it's only my opinion...

Thanks for the suggestion but fithwheel is right I am looking at it because of the dsp, (rataining my entune and using this in place of a quality head unit.) That's how I'm  justifying the cost. But that price though. That's why I'm on here. Don't mind spending the money, I just don't want to buy junk. 

Thanks for the suggestion but fithwheel is right I am looking at it because of the dsp, (rataining my entune and using this in place of a quality head unit.) That's how I'm  justifying the cost. But that price though. That's why I'm on here. Don't mind spending the money, I just don't want to buy junk. 
all in ones are expensive have you seen the jl prices? idk if you break it down you're basically getting 6 channels of amplification with a line out, dsp, and the software provides rta plus a 5 year warranty.

they're are other options of course  like buying a separate dsp and amp/amplifiers.  kicker has a 5 channel and sony has a 6 channel amp with a built in dsp for less but since you don't mind spending the money I'd  go with the ac or jl  amp. Alpine has pretty nice one but it doesn't put out much power. More for factory speakers or adding additional amplifier /Amplifiers.

ok, im not against the idea of you getting a DSP at all, and feel free to spend your money on whatever you want man. If thats your inclination, we can point you ant far better amps for the exact same money, such as JL, Helix or Audison. I was merely trying to offer up suggestions that will result in the exact same end with far more green pieces of paper in your pocket than youd have if you stick with that brand

I just recently put a D-6.1200 in my truck.  I bought it a couple months ago for $850 from Crutchfield during their Black Friday sale.  I later saw one on E-Bay for $750....shop around.

It's a newer vehicle, and since I needed the DSP due to the garbage OEM processing, that's the direction I went. I didn't want to change out the HU due to the system functionality with the back-up cam, steering wheel functions, Apple CarPlay, etc.  There are ways around those things, but I didn't want to mess with them. 

The d-6.1200 is a quality piece, and AC provides excellent tech support. The D-6.1200 is extremely versatile and although the software takes a little getting used to (whose doesn't?) the more I played with it, the more I liked it.

I also bought the AC-BT24 module which allows apt-X format high def audio streaming as well as Bluetooth connectivity so I don't have to drag out my laptop to tweak the system. 

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't "unpair" the channels, but even so, I discovered a workaround for that.

I bought the ACR-3 which allows me a sub level control and the ability to toggle remotely between the 4 presets.

ok, im not against the idea of you getting a DSP at all, and feel free to spend your money on whatever you want man. If thats your inclination, we can point you ant far better amps for the exact same money, such as JL, Helix or Audison. I was merely trying to offer up suggestions that will result in the exact same end with far more green pieces of paper in your pocket than youd have if you stick with that brand
I do appreciate the suggestions don't think I don't. Didn't mean to come off however I came off. Also part of my original question. Definitly heard of JL but never helix or Addison. Thanks for throwing those out there I wi'll look into them.

all in ones are expensive have you seen the jl prices? idk if you break it down you're basically getting 6 channels of amplification with a line out, dsp, and the software provides rta plus a 5 year warranty.

they're are other options of course  like buying a separate dsp and amp/amplifiers.  kicker has a 5 channel and sony has a 6 channel amp with a built in dsp for less but since you don't mind spending the money I'd  go with the ac or jl  amp. Alpine has pretty nice one but it doesn't put out much power. More for factory speakers or adding additional amplifier /Amplifiers.
Seems the JL is even more expensive. I have nothing but love for Sony but just didn't seem right for this build for whatever reason. Wanted to go with the Alpine but definitely has weak out put.

I just recently put a D-6.1200 in my truck.  I bought it a couple months ago for $850 from Crutchfield during their Black Friday sale.  I later saw one on E-Bay for $750....shop around.

It's a newer vehicle, and since I needed the DSP due to the garbage OEM processing, that's the direction I went. I didn't want to change out the HU due to the system functionality with the back-up cam, steering wheel functions, Apple CarPlay, etc.  There are ways around those things, but I didn't want to mess with them. 

The d-6.1200 is a quality piece, and AC provides excellent tech support. The D-6.1200 is extremely versatile and although the software takes a little getting used to (whose doesn't?) the more I played with it, the more I liked it.

I also bought the AC-BT24 module which allows apt-X format high def audio streaming as well as Bluetooth connectivity so I don't have to drag out my laptop to tweak the system. 

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't "unpair" the channels, but even so, I discovered a workaround for that.

I bought the ACR-3 which allows me a sub level control and the ability to toggle remotely between the 4 presets.
Very cool thanks for the info. I'm trying to do the least invasive system upgrade that I can and this unit seems to be up for the job.

I do appreciate the suggestions don't think I don't. Didn't mean to come off however I came off. Also part of my original question. Definitly heard of JL but never helix or Addison. Thanks for throwing those out there I wi'll look into them.

Seems the JL is even more expensive. I have nothing but love for Sony but just didn't seem right for this build for whatever reason. Wanted to go with the Alpine but definitely has weak out put.

Very cool thanks for the info. I'm trying to do the least invasive system upgrade that I can and this unit seems to be up for the job.
Audison. Also Focal makes amps, but a GREAT many of the good amps are all made in the same places in Korea. The companies are called S&I and Zenon. Some amp companies are still made in Italy, Germany and the good ol USA like Linear Power

Audison. Also Focal makes amps, but a GREAT many of the good amps are all made in the same places in Korea. The companies are called S&I and Zenon. Some amp companies are still made in Italy, Germany and the good ol USA like Linear Power
I plan on using focal integration for my mids and tweets. Auto correct is killing me tonight. I haven't setteled on subs yet.

whats your budget and bass sound goal? you chasing some deebees?
Thinking of using the final two channels off the audio control for the subs so nothing crazy. I'm thinking mid level fosgate or kickers. On the other hand audio control and focal are new to me so I may try some new brand of subs I've never used before.

Thinking of using the final two channels off the audio control for the subs so nothing crazy. I'm thinking mid level fosgate or kickers. On the other hand audio control and focal are new to me so I may try some new brand of subs I've never used before.
dude, there are so many brands out there that 99% of the guys who looked into car audio even 10 or so years ago have never heard of and will kill kicker or rockford. You could go sundown like everyone else or FU audio (yes, the brands name is FU audio) Stereo Integrity is one of the best, period, and then of course there is EMF (not the band who did the song "Unbelievable" back in the 90s LOL) Incriminator audio, DC audio, PSI, FI, etc etc etc. None of the brands i mentioned will result in a sad face, trust me. Image Dynamics still has a few decent models even tho theyve been bought out and so forth. American Bass is a player too. Great bang for your buck. Anyways, this diatribe could go on and on and on because there are so many brands out there that are better than rockford and the despised kicker for your dollar, and theyll last as long as the aforementioned or even longer because of awesome build quality.

Post what type of enclosure you're thinking of using and how much space you're willing to give up for the enclosure. Type of music you listen to also.That'll help people point you in the right direction. Also since you'll be using a dsp I'd consider raw drivers from places like parts express or madisound. You'll want to invest in sound deadening for your doors or it'll be all for not.

Idk what your budget is like but I'd consider adding a monoblock amplifier and doing a 3 way in the front or 2 way and rear fill. That will give you more options on subs too.Probably happen anyway once you get the bug.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.