Best sub setup 2018 f150 super crew

Participant count
  • Participants list
You would need to double cone area or power to experience any worthwhile gains in general. That being said 2 8s is 90% of the cone area of a single 12 so you'd need 4 8s for noticeable gains.

What kind of enclosure is the Q12 in and how is it oriented in the vehicle?

I will have to double check dimensions. I think it is around 14x14x16 with an octoport facing up behind the passenger seat, where the small portion of the back seat folds up. 

I’m not real sure I can even fit quality 8s in a box like this back there. 

On on a side note, I really don’t have money to spend on the upgrade, however, I have the current q enclosure and an old school cerwin Vega Stroker 15 in a ported box to sell. Not sure how much I can get out of everything 

F2E9F590-F8FB-4402-A2AA-8AE959349701.png

I will have to double check dimensions. I think it is around 14x14x16 with an octoport facing up behind the passenger seat, where the small portion of the back seat folds up. 

I’m not real sure I can even fit quality 8s in a box like this back there. 

On on a side note, I really don’t have money to spend on the upgrade, however, I have the current q enclosure and an old school cerwin Vega Stroker 15 in a ported box to sell. Not sure how much I can get out of everything 

View attachment 4006
Check those dimensions, it sounds like that Q is in a seriously undersized enclosure. Putting it in a properly sized enclosure will make a big difference. 

If I am doing the math correctly, this equals 4.125 cubic feet. 

I think FI recommended 2.5 cubic feet. 
You need to subtract the thickness of the walls,  sub displacement, port displacement and bracing displacement. Its probably around 2.2-2.5cf.

So,  are you saying I could do noticeably better with a better amp than the JBL BP1200.1?
What version Q do you have? Is it a neo or ferrite motor?

Either way, you are underpowering that sub due to impedance rise.

Upgrading the amp would be a good idea but you will also need to upgrade your electrical system so it can sustain the current draw of a more powerful amp.

Which amp?

my FI Q is old. See the pics. Not neo. 

They have a 50 amp glass in line fuse by the battery that keeps popping with the volume up and the headlights dim as well.  

I know I need to upgrade the big three

CCE16716-402A-4329-9402-59E3FF4801AE.jpeg

73062504-9CD9-474C-8796-2200C8E70044.jpeg

Which amp?

my FI Q is old. See the pics. Not neo. 

They have a 50 amp glass in line fuse by the battery that keeps popping with the volume up and the headlights dim as well.  

I know I need to upgrade the big three

View attachment 4037

View attachment 4038
Thats an older style Q, I'm pretty its still a 1krms sub. Upgrading to a 2-2.5k amp would be a good idea. A 50a fuse it too small for that JBL amp, bump it up to a 100a fuse. What size wiring do you have?

Yeah fuse is way small for that amp, do 100-120. Have another amp, add that to it. It will exceed the 150 amps of 4 awg so you should use 1/0 wiring. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.