4 channel suggestion.

Participant count
  • Participant list

None2Slow

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking for a 4 channel amp to power my mids and highs in a 2016 Mustang GT. Looking in the sub $200 range. Current speakers are JBL GTO609c 6.5" with tweeters and crossover, not being used (but may with amp) and the GTO329 3.5". The 3.5" and 6.5" are in the door and the tweets are in the A pillars. Currently have the factory 6.5" coaxial in the rear deck but will upgrade those as well with either the same 6.5" components or the coaxial. The amps I'm currently looking at is the Rockford Fosgate R400_4D or R300x4. These are both the Prime series amps. The other I'm looking at is the JBL CLUB-704 100x4 at 2ohm and 75x4 at 4ohm. The speakers are rated at 3ohm. Out of these, what would be your choice. For subs I'm running 2 RF P2D4 12's powered by a 15 year old Hifonics NX600 running at 2ohm.

I'm looking for a 4 channel amp to power my mids and highs in a 2016 Mustang GT. Looking in the sub $200 range. Current speakers are JBL GTO609c 6.5" with tweeters and crossover, not being used (but may with amp) and the GTO329 3.5". The 3.5" and 6.5" are in the door and the tweets are in the A pillars. Currently have the factory 6.5" coaxial in the rear deck but will upgrade those as well with either the same 6.5" components or the coaxial. The amps I'm currently looking at is the Rockford Fosgate R400_4D or R300x4. These are both the Prime series amps. The other I'm looking at is the JBL CLUB-704 100x4 at 2ohm and 75x4 at 4ohm. The speakers are rated at 3ohm. Out of these, what would be your choice. For subs I'm running 2 RF P2D4 12's powered by a 15 year old Hifonics NX600 running at 2ohm.
pioneer gm-d8604 or soundqubed s4-100, the latter is on sale for $130

Never really been a fan of Pioneer from back in the day. I watched the dyno on that amp and it does what it says, but its lacking in the looks department. I know, looks don't make it go. Is there a reason to not go with 1 of the other 3? The speakers only need 90w continuous and 270w peak and the 3.5" only 25w continuous and 75w peak. Is there just no love for the Rockford or the JBL?

Never really been a fan of Pioneer from back in the day. I watched the dyno on that amp and it does what it says, but its lacking in the looks department. I know, looks don't make it go. Is there a reason to not go with 1 of the other 3? The speakers only need 90w continuous and 270w peak and the 3.5" only 25w continuous and 75w peak. Is there just no love for the Rockford or the JBL?
well, if you want looks, its really your call. The pioneer is the best bang for your buck right meow or the soundqubed 4 channel thats currently out of stock (the korean one, not the chinese one)

you want good looks and clean power? get the Zapco sq 4 channel. Its a beaut and a workhorse, but it gets hot. https://www.amazon.com/Zapco-ST-4XSQ-Studio-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B013F34IU6

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.