wanting some amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jay Mulvey

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have replaced my stock head unit in my VW Golf Mark 5 with an Android head unit don't get me wrong it's a nice head unit but the audio is a little weak so I'm wanting advice on an amp I can add so can be a bit louder down the line I am going to be adding a sub and amp and some 69 in the boot but I have some body work and other issues to deal with first I know I will have to use a high end to low end converter but I just can't seem to find what I am looking for in an amp I hope my babbling makes sense any help will be much appreciated

I have replaced my stock head unit in my VW Golf Mark 5 with an Android head unit don't get me wrong it's a nice head unit but the audio is a little weak so I'm wanting advice on an amp I can add so can be a bit louder down the line I am going to be adding a sub and amp and some 69 in the boot but I have some body work and other issues to deal with first I know I will have to use a high end to low end converter but I just can't seem to find what I am looking for in an amp I hope my babbling makes sense any help will be much appreciated
does this android unit not have RCA outputs? Also, what country are you in? Much of the stuff available here in the US is not available in other contries. There may be similar or identical products, but not the exact same. Im personally against the hi/lo (aka Line Out Converters you will see referred to as LOCs) if the deck has RCA outs as the quality is day and night. Are you prepared to run speaker wire back up to the front and through the rubber door boot to amplify the fronts? Sometimes you can get to the wires inside the car that go to the door speakers and just tap into them from there, but its not the best idea as opposed to running new wire. What will your budget be overall to do this as youre going to need to account for RCAs, speaker wire power wire, ground, fuses etc etc etc

does this android unit not have RCA outputs? Also, what country are you in? Much of the stuff available here in the US is not available in other contries. There may be similar or identical products, but not the exact same. Im personally against the hi/lo (aka Line Out Converters you will see referred to as LOCs) if the deck has RCA outs as the quality is day and night. Are you prepared to run speaker wire back up to the front and through the rubber door boot to amplify the fronts? Sometimes you can get to the wires inside the car that go to the door speakers and just tap into them from there, but its not the best idea as opposed to running new wire. What will your budget be overall to do this as youre going to need to account for RCAs, speaker wire power wire, ground, fuses etc etc etc
It does have line outs but only 1 left 1 right and was going use those when I get around to installing 6x9 in the back. 

So I have to use the converters.

I was going use the stock whirring for now just use 75watt per speaker so not to over power the wiring. 

Maybe down the line change the wiring. 

Wanting keep price down for now till j get some body work done. 

It does have line outs but only 1 left 1 right and was going use those when I get around to installing 6x9 in the back. 

So I have to use the converters.

I was going use the stock whirring for now just use 75watt per speaker so not to over power the wiring. 

Maybe down the line change the wiring. 

Wanting keep price down for now till j get some body work done. 
sorry to say that the deck will do nowhere near 75 watts per channel, more like 15 or so. 20 per channel tops. If you plan on upgrading your speakers and are keen on sound, i fear that you got the wrong deck man. If you want to use it until you get your body work done, all good, but short of that youre going to probably want a dsp and a couple amps to amplify each channel. What country are you in?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.