$200 budget

carolinastig00

CarAudio.com Newbie
$200 budget so I’m limited here. I already have an amplifier installation kit (comes with wires, split loom, etc). I’m missing a sub and amp. What would you recommend? I want the most bang for buck thing, if I get a sub already in a box, I want it to be ported. I’d like to get either two 12s or one 15. Please leave links or names to items I should get. Thank you for reading! 

That’s a tight budget...you’d have to build a box or at least find a friend that can built one for you as a favor if you supply $30-40 in materials. If it was me I’d probably get 2 sundown lcs 12s from the yardsale $90 and look for a used pioneer 8601 or 9601 locally for around $100

over budget but not a bad starter system, the lcs are surprisingly decent esp for $45 

http://sundownyardsale.com/boxed-lcs-series-subwoofer/

save more money and increase your budget....you will more than likely want more after spending money on junk...will save you money in the long run

Last edited by a moderator:
save more money and increase your budget....you will more than likely want more after spending money on junk...will save you money in the long run
i dunno about that man. some decent subs can be had for a hundo each. 

That’s a tight budget...you’d have to build a box or at least find a friend that can built one for you as a favor if you supply $30-40 in materials. If it was me I’d probably get 2 sundown lcs 12s from the yardsale $90 and look for a used pioneer 8601 or 9601 locally for around $100

over budget but not a bad starter system, the lcs are surprisingly decent esp for $45 

http://sundownyardsale.com/boxed-lcs-series-subwoofer/
now you have me torn between the american bass XD 12 and the yard sale e series............ ugh.... LOL im still gonna be running the SoundQubed S1-1250 and have it at 2 ohms (dont trust the kid with 1 ohm in a box tuned to about 35 hz) The E series looks great!! The yard sale stuff works as it should, right?

The Blaupunkts would be great candidates for this type of situation. $56 for 2 12s, throw them in a home made box and you have roughly $115 left for an amp. 

I put 2 of the Blaupunkt 10s in my burp box and ran them to a small home stereo and they sound pretty good on music, not nearly as bad as I thought it would sound for being tuned to 47hz lol. 

No but the 12” Blaupunkt I have is a damn good lil sub I had it hooked up for a little bit to a p300 in a beyond **** prefab and my brother flat out didn’t believe that it was a $20 sub 
thats fair

The Blaupunkts would be great candidates for this type of situation. $56 for 2 12s, throw them in a home made box and you have roughly $115 left for an amp. 

I put 2 of the Blaupunkt 10s in my burp box and ran them to a small home stereo and they sound pretty good on music, not nearly as bad as I thought it would sound for being tuned to 47hz lol. 
ideal? really? youd suggest that over a good box for a far better sub and a decent amp? Best suggestion is custom box (DIY), decent 12 or 15 and a decent amp if youre wanting to stay around $200 

op, whaever you do, dont do this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.