American bass VFL-8" woofer depth?

I've tried emailing american bass with no response and so many different sellers of this subwoofer give me different measurements for the mounting depth of the 8" VFL subwoofer that id rather have an actual owners answer. 

i've got 6" of mounting depth, maybe 6.1" I dont think the subwoofer will work in my depth but id love to have a real response from an actual owner.   can anyone give me the mounting depth of the subwoofer providing the box i'm putting it in will be top mounted so i need the measurement from the back of the magnet to the back of the mounting flange. 

matthew

I would try calling AB directly, they list a phone # on their site. I couldn't find any info.

I do happen to own an XD8 and it appears to (maybe)  share the same box with the VFL8, the box has the XD8 on 2 sides and the VFL8 is on the other 2 sides. FWIW mounting depth on the XD8 is 5 physical inches and keep in mind these subs both have pole vents, so you don't want to choke that off. 

I would try calling AB directly, they list a phone # on their site. I couldn't find any info.

I do happen to own an XD8 and it appears to (maybe)  share the same box with the VFL8, the box has the XD8 on 2 sides and the VFL8 is on the other 2 sides. FWIW mounting depth on the XD8 is 5 physical inches and keep in mind these subs both have pole vents, so you don't want to choke that off. 
or just bug Aaron. Hey, @denim is @Slo_Ride correct?

so i called american bass today, was on hold for 10 minutes or so and the guy who got back to me said 5 inches...... i dont think american bass even knows what the specs are to be honest.  i've seen everything from 5.75 inches to 9.8 inches, its the main reason i'm asking for someone with one to measure for me. they look to be about 1/4 inch taller than the HD subs but no one has accurate specs for these things.    I really dont want to have to purchase one just to find out if it will fit or not because its gonna **** if it doesnt fit.....   the american bass VFL works in my airspace and i've also got an american bass VFL 12 (old school, 19 years old now) in the car as well. if i cant do american bass i was also look at PSI, they make a really stout looking 8" driver. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.