Need Build Assistance

Participant count
  • Participant list

LSXGTO

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking to fix/upgrade audio system in 05 GTO.

Front L/R Tweeters: Stock

Door L/R Speakers: Rockford Fosgate R165x3 6.5in 3-way Coaxials

Rear Seat Door Panel Speakers: Rockford Fosgate R165x3 6.5in 3-way Coaxials

Rear Deck Speakers: Stock

Trunk Amp: Stock

HU: JVC KD-AVX77

-

I'm far from an audiophile. The head united was installed by the previous owner. Reason for replacing is that all of the speakers tweak and are audibly broken at a certain volume. I replaced the door and rear side panel speakers hoping that would fix it. Turns out the tweeters still tweak and need replaced. Also the car lacks significant bass.

The Rockford Fosgate speakers were a cheap fix to attempt to fix the broken audio system.

Don't need an audiophile setup, but being able to turn up the speakers without worry that it will cut out or tweak, while still having bass is my goal. 

The tweeters are getting replaced, as they are broken.

Do I replace the rear deck speakers to something with more bass capability or would this not create a significant difference? Do I need to add a amp/sub? Do I need to do both? Do I need to toss the Rockford Fosgate speakers and head unit and start from scratch?

Preferably the less work the better, so if I do not have to figure out how to install an amp/sub then I won't. Pretty much the entire interior of the car is going to get taken out in order to get to all of these speakers, so I figured I'd post and ask you guys before I do so to get some help. I'm not on an extreme budget, but I don't need to blow my wallet on some speakers for a car (the Rockford Fosgate speakers I bought were $35 a pair on amazon). If I need to spend a little more to get some better stuff that isn't junk then let me know please.

If you need any other information I'll try my best to respond and add it, but I just typed this up real quick hoping to get some guidance of what I should go with and do.

Thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.