Noobtastic's 2015 VW Golf TDI build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Noobtastic14
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've been out of the game for several years now- I rebuilt my Neo wall in 2014 and about a year ago sold it to another military guy because family life has me pretty tied down.  

My brother lives near me now in PHX and does EDM style music and asked me to outfit his Diesel Golf.

This is a pretty straight forward build all things considered, its mostly finished minus the raw wood box.

I started with gear 

x2 DC lvl 3 12s

x1 DC 2k

x1 DC 90.4

x4 CDT 6.5 Components

x1 Rockford Fosgate 360.3 for OEM integration 

Wires/Accessories from SHCA

XmEBcNW.jpg

The first few steps involved getting the new battery and terminals in place, as well as door panels and wire work.

wWcOF9S.jpg

6gZA9Py.jpg

gRNb7FY.jpg

p1TcGMk.jpg

The make or break for this car is trying to come up with decent sound while retaining the OEM source unit.  On this car, the HU sends full range signal to all speakers and they each have a small passive xover element.  The rear doors were pretty straight forward because I am not running an active setup so it was a simple speaker swap and test.  The front doors however split off to the A pillars at some point so I ended up running dedicated wires to the 360 to keep everything crossed.  The source unit is actually in the glove box, so I added the 360 with it for simplicity of wiring.

t3oVsD1.jpg

nOwrvYU.jpg

I get real tired of the solder, wires, etc doing that kind of work. Once it was wrapped up I could go ham on some subwoofer action.

izABeph.jpg

S1kxlvp.jpg

WNPLOKO.jpg

Box is 3cuft 45sqin of port @34- at this point I wasn't sure if I wanted it up firing or rear firing. 

jEdjW4F.jpg

1jtMw7B.jpg

The rear deck covers the speakers while he is parked or driving which is nice.  We've been tuning with the 360 for several days now and I think we have it dialed in pretty good! He is very happy and I forgot how therapeutic this whole process can be.  first order to finish was 3 weeks, uncle cut the check haha 

Oh yeah, and after the first song or two the windshield broke at the rear view mount- I advised him not to reglue the mirror after he gets the windshield replaced this week. 

HzS3CCs.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.