Single Din Units W/ Screen + Bluetooth/Navi/Sub?

Participant count
  • Participants list

docstrange82

So, I have a 1984 Mercury Grand Marquis 2 door and I'd like to get something that allows me to use navigation.

Looking on amazon there are a lot of options for a very wide range of prices.

What I'm looking for is something that has a minimum of Sub hook ups, Navigation, and bluetooth. It would be a bonus if I could have Sirius as well. 

What options between $100-300 range would work that are good quality. I'm looking to keep it as cheap as possible but also understand that's difficult. 

So, I have a 1984 Mercury Grand Marquis 2 door and I'd like to get something that allows me to use navigation.

Looking on amazon there are a lot of options for a very wide range of prices.

What I'm looking for is something that has a minimum of Sub hook ups, Navigation, and bluetooth. It would be a bonus if I could have Sirius as well. 

What options between $100-300 range would work that are good quality. I'm looking to keep it as cheap as possible but also understand that's difficult. 

single din with a screen has definitely fallen out of vogue and been relegated to **** brands like boss. The only way that im aware of to get a single din chassis with nav and all that is either a motorized screen or one of the new (and pricey) alpine halo decks. If you havent seen the halos, theyre dope AF, like really dope AF, but minimum price for entry is 600 when you find "the deal" on one. Let me re illustrate that theyre dope af tho for single din situations that result in a DD screen

is this your dash?

-x551

why not cut and mount in a decent aftermarket metra kit or something like that? or cut anyways and put in an alpine halo, but those are spendy. Kenwood has some solid AF DD's for around $400 thatll crush all your needs
I know it looks like it needs to be modified anyways, but if you swap the panel with one from a model that had premium sound, than it fits a single din perfectly. I actually have that from a car that I owned that was totaled. 

This current ride only has 16350 miles on it and I don't want to do any heavy modifications which is why I was hoping for a single din w/navi and such.

Is this one particularly outdated? It's much more than I intended to spend, however I also don't seem to have much of a choice besides rolling the dice on some chinese $300 brands.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-3300NEX-Receiver-CarPlay-Bluetooth/dp/B071X596WM/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?keywords=radio+kit+1984+mercury+grand+marquis&pd_rd_i=B071X596WM&pd_rd_r=f5ac6fb7-9c5e-4584-96bf-e99db94a2974&pd_rd_w=9gjw6&pd_rd_wg=Iep5Y&pf_rd_p=5c5ea0d7-2437-4d8a-88a7-ea6f32aeac11&pf_rd_r=V07FP1TNM3GAHZA3P1K6&qid=1548182843

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it looks like it needs to be modified anyways, but if you swap the panel with one from a model that had premium sound, than it fits a single din perfectly. I actually have that from a car that I owned that was totaled. 

This current ride only has 16350 miles on it and I don't want to do any heavy modifications which is why I was hoping for a single din w/navi and such.

Is this one particularly outdated? It's much more than I intended to spend, however I also don't seem to have much of a choice besides rolling the dice on some chinese $300 brands.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-3300NEX-Receiver-CarPlay-Bluetooth/dp/B071X596WM/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?keywords=radio+kit+1984+mercury+grand+marquis&pd_rd_i=B071X596WM&pd_rd_r=f5ac6fb7-9c5e-4584-96bf-e99db94a2974&pd_rd_w=9gjw6&pd_rd_wg=Iep5Y&pf_rd_p=5c5ea0d7-2437-4d8a-88a7-ea6f32aeac11&pf_rd_r=V07FP1TNM3GAHZA3P1K6&qid=1548182843
thats a motorized flipout man. all i can say is good luck making it work for extended periods of time. For that money, you can add a bit more to get yourself a halo deck

Seems to me the cheapest simple solution would be to leave the radio there not even use it and go with a dayton dsp with the Bluetooth dongle. Use your phone for nav and use the Sirius app (it sounds better then their radios anyway) less then 200 for dsp and dongle could even get the remote knob for volume control. Another option to consider anyway 

Seems to me the cheapest simple solution would be to leave the radio there not even use it and go with a dayton dsp with the Bluetooth dongle. Use your phone for nav and use the Sirius app (it sounds better then their radios anyway) less then 200 for dsp and dongle could even get the remote knob for volume control. Another option to consider anyway 
no nav that way. just cut it, gut it and get something cool in there. its not gonna be a collerts car anyway. ir, if youre worried, pull that dash panel out, go to the junk yard and find a messed up one, cut IT and gut IT and get er dunnnnnn

no nav that way. just cut it, gut it and get something cool in there. its not gonna be a collerts car anyway. ir, if youre worried, pull that dash panel out, go to the junk yard and find a messed up one, cut IT and gut IT and get er dunnnnnn
Idk my phone gets me around just fine. I also have a map. 

Come on it's an 84?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.