Need help. 2019 Ram Limited.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kurant

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm new here, and I'm scouring the internet looking for solutions and answers to replace some of the factory speakers and adding a sub to my Ram. I ran Focal's components, DQ-61, Alpine PDX-V9, and 10" JL TW3 in my 2016 F-150. 

I want to put Focal's up front and in the rear doors, deaden the doors, amp, and a I've decided on the Rockford 12" T1. But, there is almost nothing anywhere I can find. My local shops really don't know much about them, and I've read about having to put resistors on every door speaker you replace, because the factory system knows it isn't stock, and won't work correctly anymore. I wanted to go with the DSR1, but it seems they are loaded with issues from handsfree not working right, to chimes and sensor sounds not working at all.

I really am just trying to find information anyone might know of, or have about starting to get this going. I worked in shops for 7 1/2 during and after college years ago back in the mid/late 90's. No integrated craziness, and the F-150 really tested my skills but I got it to work. At this point, I think I'm going to leave this build to a shop, but even the shops don't know much. I don't just want to leave it to a shop and get left with something that doesn't work, and I have zero knowledge. I guess that's just part of my OCD, but it's a lot of money to have someone do something silly and then I'm left with a messed up vehicle, if that makes sense. 

I'd appreciate any info. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.