Upgrading 2017 Nissan Frontier system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Robnjay

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2017 Nissan Frontier which currently has the base audio unit installed.  It has Bluetooth connectivity both for audio and phone calls.  It is smart enough that I can push a button on the steering wheel and ask Siri to call someone, etc.

I would like to have a system that is able to interface with the car controls and the USB plug on the dash (like it does now), but which incorporates a backup camera, and has navigation (Google Maps?).

Is this even possible without having to buy an OEM system?

Also, could an OEM system from a wrecked vehicle be installed in my truck?  Would wiring harnesses already exist for the camera, etc?  What would be involved to transfer such a radio to my vehicle? I've read that the OEM radios are tied to the vehicle's VIN

Thanks

Rob

Robnjay said:
I have a 2017 Nissan Frontier which currently has the base audio unit installed.  It has Bluetooth connectivity both for audio and phone calls.  It is smart enough that I can push a button on the steering wheel and ask Siri to call someone, etc.

I would like to have a system that is able to interface with the car controls and the USB plug on the dash (like it does now), but which incorporates a backup camera, and has navigation (Google Maps?).

Is this even possible without having to buy an OEM system?

For best GPS systems click here
Hello! 

It would be best if you buy an aftermarket unit. Much more to choose from, and easier to install. 

It will be way more cheaper in the end, too. 

Hope it helps!

Harvey

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.