JL audio 500 slash v2 to single 12 dual 4 ohm vc

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wallysurfr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Quick question guys I am getting low impedance light from my 12 wired parallel should be to 2 ohm which the amp should handle but the amp has 2 channels built in and wired in parallel.  

so is that reducing the inpendence again making it 1 ohm? In order to get this to work should I wire the sub in series since my amp delivers 500 watts no matter the imepedence?

The amp has one channel with two places to land wires, making wiring multiple subs or multiple coils easier. 

It's possible you have a slight short at any of the amp/box/sub connections causing the low impedance light to register.  a quick check should include making sure there are no bare copper wire strands visible at any connection point. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.