wiring 2 amps to 1 cap

Participant count
  • Participant list

tblair64

CarAudio.com Newbie
so i just bought a car about 3 months ago and it came with a jl 900/5 amp and it also has a capacitor in the back also with a 10 inch kicker. but then i upgraded to a 12. BUT a few days ago I bought 2 rockford fosgate t0 subs and also got a rockford power 1500bd. 

This is my second time using a cap in my life . I currently dont have a distribution block right now.  can i just run the power wire from the rockford amp right to the cap?  Of course ill disconnect the battery in the front but when i hook up the amp to the cap with i get shocked or anything. Aslo should i hook up the ground from the fosgate amp first then hook up power to cap? 

there is a fuse for  the battery in the front

One more thing When i ground the rockford amp should i use the cap ground both together or should the cap and amp be separate ground?   

Eventually Ill be getting batteries I know.  

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't get shocked from 12V components.  But you can short them out or cause them to rapidly charge which will result in a spark. 

You can land power and ground wires on the cap terminals as well, most can be used as a terminal block. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.