Radio for Mercedes 124

Participant count
  • Participants list

ViS

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all

First of all I'm sorry, if my English is not perfect :)

I need Yours help in choosing radio for my MB 124

Which radio will be better option:

1. KENWOOD KMM-361SD

2. Caliber RMD120BT

I must say, that I like this Caliber radio. This retro style is great. But I don't know nothin about this manufacturer. Do they produces good radios?. I mean quality and durability....Caliber is also more expensive.

Or Kenwoow will be better option?.

Please help me 😀

Hi all

First of all I'm sorry, if my English is not perfect :)

I need Yours help in choosing radio for my MB 124

Which radio will be better option:

1. KENWOOD KMM-361SD

2. Caliber RMD120BT

I must say, that I like this Caliber radio. This retro style is great. But I don't know nothin about this manufacturer. Do they produces good radios?. I mean quality and durability....Caliber is also more expensive.

Or Kenwoow will be better option?.

Please help me 😀

Kenwood, like any brand, has some hits and some misses, mostly hits tho. They are known for their durability and resistance to skipping (for cds, of course) and just merged with JVC, another car audio giant, so their reputation precedes them. Caliber, on the other hand is not a USA manufacturer and the vast majority of us are USA based. That being said, look at their site. Their copyright hasnt been updated since 2013. Perhaps an oversight, but to me its a glaring issue that any self respecting manufacturer would allow to slip. Id go with a kenwood anything over their stuff over what could simply be a clerical oversight.

http://webshop.caliber.nl/about_us

At a superbly equipped facility in the Netherlands our own team of experienced designers develop all Caliber products both technically and cosmetically. We involve customers in product development and selection to ensure the range remains innovative and at the forefront of current trends. Production takes place at certified factories in the Far East, enabling us to maintain competitive prices for cutting-edge products you expect of the Caliber brand.
Our range keeps growing, so a regular visit to www.caliber.nl will keep you up-to-date with the latest developments and innovative new products.

HOME PRODUCTS NEWS LEGAL INFO DISCLAIMER
Copyright © 2013 Caliber Europe B.V. Legal Info Disclaimer About us

Thanks for answer :)

I'm not from USA. I'm from Poland. And in my country we have official representation of Caliber brand. But those radios are very unpopular in stationary stores. Only in few internet stories they exists. So I'm little affraid of this Caliber brand. Kenwood is much more popular in Poland. My heart says that Caliber will be better, my mind prefer Kenwood 😉

youdoofus, if You must choose between this two radios, You'll choose Kenwood, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for answer :)

I'm not from USA. I'm from Poland. And in my country we have official representation of Caliber brand. But those radios are very unpopular in stationary stores. Only in few internet stories they exists. So I'm little affraid of this Caliber brand. Kenwood is much more popular in Poland. My heart says that Caliber will be better, my mind prefer Kenwood 😉

youdoofus, if You must choose between this two radios, You'll choose Kenwood, right?
i was figuring that you were from a European country based on the car and your admitted shortcomings in english (btw, my fiancee was born and raised in Romania, and youre doing pretty good with English, so dont take that as an insult please)

I was over in Romania twice for 3 weeks each time and i saw many of the local electronics shops that sell radios. Both side of the road type places and inside a mall kind of thing, and the brands they carried varied wildly and went from stuff thats probably chinese junk thru european stuff i have heard of Blaupunkt, and so forth, to the good ol reliable Pionner, Kenwood, JVC, Apline etc etc. 

My fiancees brother is a IT supervisor in Ro, and i can ask him for you what his thoughts on that brand are if youd like me to, but my instinct is Kenwood

ok, so ive checked with the IT director friend, and of his colleagues who is a lorrie driver and is very keen on audio in his vehicles and a guy i know who owns a pretty large verhicle repair shop, and none of them are familiar with that brand. Stick with the Kenwood

" so dont take that as an insult please " It's ok bro. I know, that I have to practise in English ;)

Thank You very much for helping me. I'm pretty sure, that Kenwood will be my choise. It's also almost a half cheaper than Caliber.

Greeting from Poland 😀

" so dont take that as an insult please " It's ok bro. I know, that I have to practise in English ;)

Thank You very much for helping me. I'm pretty sure, that Kenwood will be my choise. It's also almost a half cheaper than Caliber.

Greeting from Poland 😀
glad to help man!! maybe next time im in europe, we will try to swing up ther eto check the place out :)  i drove from Piatra Neamt, Romania down do Dyuni, Bulgaria in a Citroen C3 with 4 total passengers and 5 days worth of american sized luggage (we dont pack lightly) for the hell of it, and to stay at the Pelican Resort for 5 days. And i did that twice. ILL DRIVE ANYWHERE!!! LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ViS

CarAudio.com Newbie
ViS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
youdoofus