What direction is Sundown heading?

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Just curious as more and more competition comes to market Sundown has raised prices. I just got quoted $95 shipped for a sa12 recone kit. They used to be $60 shipped.

they haven’t really done anything THAT innovative in the last few years, are the newest nightshades flying off the shelf? Haven’t met anyone with them... 

I will only pay b stock prices for their equipment and I won't touch their amps below an ns2. Not that the ns2 is remotely close to my budget lol.
I’ve seen lot of NS2 that blew up. I won’t touch an NS2 with a 10ft pole. And I only buy b stock alsoZ new prices are crazy and your stupid if u pay that. 

They are raising prices due to demand rising. A few years ago you mention Sundown and alot of hobbyists and they were like "Who?" now everyone knows who they are. Dayton has inching their prices up as well.

It's more like how people like DC audio because it's "better" but Sundown is much larger and amassed a big following because of the SA line due to its price. 

Their prices have always been marked up unless you get it 2nd hand or as b stock. Jacob does innovate things with the drivers but that's about it. The amps are cookie cutter. 

Its one thing to be innovative, but paying extra for tooling to cut out or stamp the word Sundown on every single part is just absurd. 
Yeah I mean people drop $$$ for dd but they just now stared doing fancy stuff like carbon fiber. dd is definitely more innovative then sundown. Not a big fan of their amps the m1c I had kept going in protect I think it has bad mosfets from the get go

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...