2012 Jetta w/Fender system questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

CAMeeks

CarAudio.com Newbie
I want to replace my speakers but this is the first time I have come across a system that uses dual voice coiled speakers all over the car. There is no wattage written on the speakers just 2x2ohm. I figure that a set of Fosgates that were 50watt 4 ohm with the adapters for the plug would work. The adapter bridges the speaker wires in parallel to the speaker. I got the fronts installed and it kept cutting out. I don't want to replace the head unit. Any suggestions? 

Just read this

Here

It just confused me a little more. Am I needing to look for higher wattage speakers or lower. Didnt see any dual voice coil 6.5"s

I want to replace my speakers but this is the first time I have come across a system that uses dual voice coiled speakers all over the car. There is no wattage written on the speakers just 2x2ohm. I figure that a set of Fosgates that were 50watt 4 ohm with the adapters for the plug would work. The adapter bridges the speaker wires in parallel to the speaker. I got the fronts installed and it kept cutting out. I don't want to replace the head unit. Any suggestions? 
get a DSP, run output signal from stock h/u to it, run rca signal from dsp to amps, rewire for amps, connect new amps to new speakers, configure dsp, go eat sammich, probably in your car because it sounds too good to leave after following this set of instructions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.