rockville K NINE sub

Shop around, don't be skurred to drive a little bit to get a better price. The lumber shop in town here wants $110 a sheet. 40miles south the lumber shop charges literally half of that. 
rawk! Thanks man! My brother works at at cabinet building place so ill see if he can get some chunks of it in the right thickness and length. Couldnt give a crap less about color as its gonna be carpeted anyways plus im planning on spraying the inside with either spraypsint or some kind of spray on sealant and definitely paint for the port. Maybe something black light reactive since its going in a car that 2 kids use who are devout gamers and have purchased many smart light bulbs as of late and REALLY seems to be into the lighting stuff. The one kiddo has the RGB lighting strips all over his furniture and back of his monitor and a gaming keyboard that each key can be its own color. I might even put some of those color strips inside the port. Who knows. They are kids and im only doing this to be the cool dad

U can get pine at home depot for $32 a 4x8 sheet... it’s just like 7 layer birch but it’s pine.. that’s what I use 
would i notice a difference between the pine and birch with a single AD XD 12" in a medium sized slot ported box, or not really?

im betting probably not

Last edited by a moderator:
U can get pine at home depot for $32 a 4x8 sheet... it’s just like 7 layer birch but it’s pine.. that’s what I use 
That is cheap. I went to home depot once and looked at the birch they had. It was only 5 layer kinda looked all beat up and had a few voids to say the least. How's that pine look?

The home Depot and Lowes plywood is only 7 layer. You want the cabinet grade 13 ply. there is a huge difference since the layers are perpendicular to each other the 13 layer is more rigid. Also the good stuff only comes in 5x5 sheets.

Big box store plywood is filled with voids. Its a far lower grade product. Usually the outer layers are a veneer of pine or birch but the inner layers are poplar. Plus the sheets will be warped and beat up because they are so badly mishandled. Cabinet grade plywood is the best way to go. 

Depending on the lumber store the good stuff comes in 5x5 or 4x8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big box store plywood is filled with voids. Its a far lower grade product. Usually the outer layers are a veneer of pine or birch but the inner layers are poplar. Plus the sheets will be warped and beat up because they are so badly mishandled. Cabinet grade plywood is the best way to go. 

Depending on the lumber store the good stuff comes in 5x5 or 4x8.
my brother works at a cabinet building company, so you think that that stuff would be better?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.