Car wont turn on

Participant count
  • Participant list

eptic269

After installing a subwoofer amp my car wont turn on. Once I unplug the amp from the battery the car turns on fine. Any ideas on what would cause this? Im have a 2013 altima with bose system ran 4gauge wire to a soundqubed S1-850/ lc2i powering a alpine type r and it all turns on.

Thanks 

the push button start Altimas are notorious for not starting when voltage is too low. Provided that you wired everything up properly, you may want to start the car and reconnect everything and see if it works then. May not be the best suggestion if youve wired something up wrong. That being said, if youve wired something up wrong, you probably would have had severe failure already since 12.4 volts will blow something up as soon as 14.4 will (the difference between the alt running and providing electricity vs just the battery on a stock charging system).

Id bet dollars to doughnuts that its a voltage issue

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.