New components??

Participant count
  • Participant list

C-LocJiggleNuts

CarAudio.com Recruit
So I'm currently running Hertz components in my 2015 Ram and I love them. They sound great and crisp and clear (to me) and for the most part do what I want. What I'm curious about is if I'm missing something different out there in component land and if I could've gotten a better set for the money I spent on the Hertz Comp. I'm running the ECX165.5 (I think that's what the model number is). I'm no doubt bitten by the car audio bug and have no problem upgrading and swapping those out for 350.00 or less if the sound quality will be significantly better. (Even though they've only been in there for two weeks) :)   

So I'm currently running Hertz components in my 2015 Ram and I love them. They sound great and crisp and clear (to me) and for the most part do what I want. What I'm curious about is if I'm missing something different out there in component land and if I could've gotten a better set for the money I spent on the Hertz Comp. I'm running the ECX165.5 (I think that's what the model number is). I'm no doubt bitten by the car audio bug and have no problem upgrading and swapping those out for 350.00 or less if the sound quality will be significantly better. (Even though they've only been in there for two weeks) :)   
Before you jump on another set to replace what you already have... Grab some decent sound deadening material and treat your doors, If you haven't already. Put gasket material behind the speakers to mount them, if you haven't already. Perhaps some Stinger brand "Fast Rings" as well.

Before you jump on another set to replace what you already have... Grab some decent sound deadening material and treat your doors, If you haven't already. Put gasket material behind the speakers to mount them, if you haven't already. Perhaps some Stinger brand "Fast Rings" as well.
Ive done all of that and more. Second skin sound deadening and fastrings. Sound deadening on floors, doors, and back wall. The truck itself is as quiet as brand new Mercedes on the inside. Too quiet actually. Lol

you should leave them in and go active, then switch the drivers after you have the active stuff set up. Good comps set up passively vs good raw drivers ran active isnt fair to the passive comps
I’ve pulled them already. I’ll wait and see how the CDT comps do passively before I switch over. I wanna hear them on both sides of the crossover. 

I’ve pulled them already. I’ll wait and see how the CDT comps do passively before I switch over. I wanna hear them on both sides of the crossover. 
thats fair. fwiw, i use a specific track that i know well and is dynamic to test speakers out. i recommend that for anyone trying to set their stuff up who isnt using an rta mic and pink noise

I

thats fair. fwiw, i use a specific track that i know well and is dynamic to test speakers out. i recommend that for anyone trying to set their stuff up who isnt using an rta mic and pink noise
I have an RF test cd I’ll use to get close and then tune to DIre Straits or something from there. What do you use? PS. This is the gear I picked. Can’t see how I can pass this deal up. 

E35B8AF4-9BF0-4BDD-B292-21BBB53B565D.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.