speaker size

Participant count
  • Participants list

paz

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a suzuki jimny 2006 model it currently has and by the looks of it can only have biggest of a 4inch speakers in the front. I have replaced the stock 4inch speakers with aftermarket 4inch speakers but i was woundering is there a way i could add 5 1/4 inch speakers into a 4inch speakers hole without cutting the panel? Theres a photo attatched of the stock speaker in the 4inch speaker hole

images.jpg

lol Suzuki didn't put much thought into that. I've not seen so many wires right by the speaker before.
You really need some sound deadening.
You might be able to make a baffle and get something bigger in their. That wiring harness looks to be in the way though.

lol Suzuki didn't put much thought into that. I've not seen so many wires right by the speaker before.
You really need some sound deadening.
You might be able to make a baffle and get something bigger in their. That wiring harness looks to be in the way though.
Yeh Definitely havent thought about it at all suzuki, what if i cut a bigget hole in the kickpanel that goes over the speaker?? Would that sound ok? Ive seen someone else with a suzuki do it just dont no how it would sound picture attatched

im348g.jpg

Yeh Definitely havent thought about it at all suzuki, what if i cut a bigget hole in the kickpanel that goes over the speaker?? Would that sound ok? Ive seen someone else with a suzuki do it just dont no how it would sound picture attatched

View attachment 3729
think of your door as an enclosure for the speaker because that is essentially what it is. From your original pic of yours you can see why it doesn't sound too good. Basically your enclosure has a hole in it right next to the speaker and probably a few more holes in your enclosure. Plus your using fairly thin metal for the enclosure. I'd suggest buying some sound deadening and applying it. Seal off all the holes. Try that first before trying to fit larger speakers. Done right it'll be a significant improvement. noico sound deadening off Amazon is around 65$ for 36 sqft.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.