Jump to content


maq1919

Full sound system recommendations for 2013 Ford Escape SE without premium audio

Recommended Posts

Just got a 2013 Ford Escape. Looking for a full sound system deck, sub, amp,s and speakers. Am a little confused about my speaker size. Some sites say 6.8 others 6.5. Budget is about 550-775 for equipment listed. I can get the installation stuff from my local stereo installation shop. Want something that has good mids and clean highs. I have 4 pioneers in my old crv and the highs aren't that great. It's running a Memphis prx 4.50 and cheap little Rockville 10. The deck is great though. Looking for a loud sub or subs preferably 12s. I can get most of my bass from that. Like it loud and clean for the speakers. not to concerned about the deck as long as it can retain making calls from Bluetooth keeps my steering wheel controls has the proper outputs. A pair of front rear and sub RCAs.

And the CRV has 2k worth of rust damage lol

Edited by maq1919

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does your budget include the cost for installation or is that number just for the equipment? How strong are your wood working skills?


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No this is just for the equipment. I have never cut wood other than a tree lol so probabaly not great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The enclosure for the sub is more important than the actual sub itself. So if you can, budget for a custom made box for whatever sub you choose. 

Does your vehicle have an 8 inch LCD? And does it have a Sony or Sync system? 

Crutchfield has an accurate filtering system of what fits your car. I would get the headunit from there because they have the best support and will get you everything you need for the install. You'll pay about 5-10% more compared to Amazon but the level of service they provide is easily worth it. 


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

The enclosure for the sub is more important than the actual sub itself. So if you can, budget for a custom made box for whatever sub you choose. 

Does your vehicle have an 8 inch LCD? And does it have a Sony or Sync system? 

Crutchfield has an accurate filtering system of what fits your car. I would get the headunit from there because they have the best support and will get you everything you need for the install. You'll pay about 5-10% more compared to Amazon but the level of service they provide is easily worth it. 

It has sync no 8 inch screen don’t think it has a Sony system I can send a pic of whatever you need to identify it with tomorrow possibly tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 8:45 AM, maq1919 said:

It has sync no 8 inch screen don’t think it has a Sony system I can send a pic of whatever you need to identify it with tomorrow possibly tonight

 

 

9EF9B7AB-E203-4F0D-9231-1B3E7DB58127.jpeg

1E3F7E82-A852-4021-9CC0-3156D7F85499.jpeg

AE8C09A0-8E2E-45AA-A748-ACA07A88413F.jpeg

CADBFB53-F5D5-4E73-8A4C-94B0670CF79D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maq1919 said:

 

 

9EF9B7AB-E203-4F0D-9231-1B3E7DB58127.jpeg

1E3F7E82-A852-4021-9CC0-3156D7F85499.jpeg

AE8C09A0-8E2E-45AA-A748-ACA07A88413F.jpeg

CADBFB53-F5D5-4E73-8A4C-94B0670CF79D.jpeg

Sorry for the delay I forgot lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's free & easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×