4 channel amp bridging?

Participant count
  • Participants list

newbieaudioguy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, im new to this thing and couldn't find the anwser in google.

So the question is.

If i bridge 4 channel amplifier, which means i have 2 subwoofers, so 1x Bridged to one subwoofer and 1x bridged to another subwoofer. Then do i have STEREO sound? Or will those subwoofers still be mono? Or i'd have to buy 2 separate amps, to have stereo sound? But then again, how do i know which one is gonna be RIGHT and LEFT side?

I hope you understand me.

Thanks! (sorry for bad english)

Hello, im new to this thing and couldn't find the anwser in google.

So the question is.

If i bridge 4 channel amplifier, which means i have 2 subwoofers, so 1x Bridged to one subwoofer and 1x bridged to another subwoofer. Then do i have STEREO sound? Or will those subwoofers still be mono? Or i'd have to buy 2 separate amps, to have stereo sound? But then again, how do i know which one is gonna be RIGHT and LEFT side?

I hope you understand me.

Thanks! (sorry for bad english)
There's a white and and red rca out on the back of the head unit (if using aftermarket radio)that's how you'd tell left from right but really why it's car audio not home theater 5.2 or 7.2. Are your subwoofers that far apart from each other?

Only reason I can think of for needing to know left from right sub is if your hu or dsp has a left and right for your subs time alignment. 

What subs will you be using and what amp.

There's a white and and red rca out on the back of the head unit (if using aftermarket radio)that's how you'd tell left from right but really why it's car audio not home theater 5.2 or 7.2. Are your subwoofers that far apart from each other?

Only reason I can think of for needing to know left from right sub is if your hu or dsp has a left and right for your subs time alignment. 

What subs will you be using and what amp.
Im using Alpine MRV-F300 amp and 2x Alpine SBE-1244BR subs. They're not far apart from each other, but im just curious if it will be stereo if i bridge them.

And also, (just a theoretical question) if i got 1 amp (4ohm) what has 2 channels, i bridge them. And i wanna put 2 subs in 1 box. Let's say both are 4ohms. Do i wire them in parallel or in series?

Thanks!

Im using Alpine MRV-F300 amp and 2x Alpine SBE-1244BR subs. They're not far apart from each other, but im just curious if it will be stereo if i bridge them.

And also, (just a theoretical question) if i got 1 amp (4ohm) what has 2 channels, i bridge them. And i wanna put 2 subs in 1 box. Let's say both are 4ohms. Do i wire them in parallel or in series?

Thanks!
yeah all you need is a left and right signal from what ever you're using as your source unit (head unit) 

since Alpine amplifiers are available to you (not sure where you're located) why not use a mvr m500? you don't have to use all the amplifiers power if that's what you are worried about. The 4 channel on your mids and highs. A mono amp is better suited for using to power subs then a full range amplifier. Most 2 channel amps are only 4 ohm stable when bridged  same for 4 channel amps as well.
You can either wire those 2 subs to 2 or 8 ohms. go to  Rockford fosgate web site look for wiring wizard. That'll help you understand  parallel / series and how to wire them...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.