Alternator whine

Participant count
  • Participants list

Deluxe_Fox

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have tried so many things but none worked so far. I have a JVC KW-DB93BT and a McHammer Mystic 5.1 amp. When i connect 1 RCA cable to my amp from my head unit there is no whine, but as soon as i put in the other RCA cable into the head unit alternator noise starts coming from the speakers that are connected to the amp.

I also tried a few fixes from this pinned topic (>>>Engine whine and ground loop fixes... take two) but none have worked so far.

Hey there mate!

Thanks for bringing up your issue,  The issue is with your head unit poor grounding inside the unit itself.  I have had this issue previously with Sony and Pioneer head units.

What you need to do is":

• take out your current head unit;
  • apply speaker wires around your rear RCA inputs of your head unit, into a figure '8' to all of the RCA Inputs, ( if you have three, do all of them)
  • after you have go the bare copper speaker wires to form a figure 8 shape, apply solder so it holds it shape;
  • Ground all the speaker wires to the rear of your head unit to one point;
  • Reconnect all the RCA with the figure 8 wires and the RCA CABLES will hold them in place;
  • Check your grounding point and distribution connector terminals are all securely tightened on the amplifier and the grounding point as well;
  • Check your head unit grounding point is getting a good contact as well;
  • Hopefully, this should rectify your issue mate!
Let us know how you go.

McHammer??!!?? *scratches head*

Anyhow, I would try a diff set of RCA's see if that works. And check your ground. Bare metal to bare metal. These are the main reasons for alt whine.

Hey there mate!

Thanks for bringing up your issue,  The issue is with your head unit poor grounding inside the unit itself.  I have had this issue previously with Sony and Pioneer head units.

What you need to do is":

• take out your current head unit;
  • apply speaker wires around your rear RCA inputs of your head unit, into a figure '8' to all of the RCA Inputs, ( if you have three, do all of them)
  • after you have go the bare copper speaker wires to form a figure 8 shape, apply solder so it holds it shape;
  • Ground all the speaker wires to the rear of your head unit to one point;
  • Reconnect all the RCA with the figure 8 wires and the RCA CABLES will hold them in place;
  • Check your grounding point and distribution connector terminals are all securely tightened on the amplifier and the grounding point as well;
  • Check your head unit grounding point is getting a good contact as well;
  • Hopefully, this should rectify your issue mate!
Let us know how you go.
I will try this one out and give you an update if this resolves my issue

Good to know, its all trial and error but sometimes it comes down to faulty equipment.  Good to know you are jamming now mate!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.