AX-TU1000C help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cartel

CarAudio.com Newbie
Would anyone here be willing to help me fix this amp?

re audio doesn't answer email so I'm on my own.

Greg Carolus is in hiding, JimJ wont take PM's.

Anyone have experience with this amp?

thanks.

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG

IMG_3746.JPG

IMG_3747.JPG

IMG_3748.JPG

IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG

IMG_3757.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3760.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

IMG_3764.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

IMG_3772.JPG

IMG_3773.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3775.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3778.JPG

IMG_3779.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

WOAH!!! you probably hit your storage capacity for images in one post!!  anyways, is says US AMps on the board, has vacuum tumes and has Clarion end caps. The damage shown would take a lot of repairs to get it back up and running, and would take a lot of steady handed soldering with FAR better soldering irons than what youve shown. Go on FB and ad yourself in the strictly sound quality page and look for Zed. He can fix pretty much anything, but it wont be cheap. Or sell it and let someone else fix it. But if you want to keep it, Zed is your guy. His name is Steve Mantz

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the speaker terminal block is from an old clarion its the only way I could find a replacement.

Yes those soldering irons had a hard time getting the terminals out of the boards.

I've already installed the terminal.

I find all these sites on the net, nobody wants to answer questions or emails.

I'd like to know where I can find an insulator for the mosfets, should I use kapton tape?

the offset current or bias voltage, whatever its called. what should it be set to?

Where are the test points?

As you can see I already replaced most the capacitors and the pin headers for the tube board.

The amp is working if I could find the info I just mentioned I could button it up and use it.

Zed doesn't repair US amps, it says it right on his page.

I guess this topic will be a dead end just like the 12 YEARS of threads all over the internet because these so-called proud builders and companies dont give a crap about the end user.

No wonder everything is made in China now, nobody wants to help fix this junk.

Why would US amps use LM caps?

Anyways I could use some help but it seems nobody wants to.

RE amps doesn't answer the phone, they dont return calls, they dont return emails.

Its ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the speaker terminal block is from an old clarion its the only way I could find a replacement.

Yes those soldering irons had a hard time getting the terminals out of the boards.

I've already installed the terminal.

I find all these sites on the net, nobody wants to answer questions or emails.

I'd like to know where I can find an insulator for the mosfets, should I use kapton tape?

the offset current or bias voltage, whatever its called. what should it be set to?

Where are the test points?

As you can see I already replaced most the capacitors and the pin headers for the tube board.

The amp is working if I could find the info I just mentioned I could button it up and use it.

Zed doesn't repair US amps, it says it right on his page.

I guess this topic will be a dead end just like the 12 YEARS of threads all over the internet because these so-called proud builders and companies dont give a crap about the end user.

No wonder everything is made in China now, nobody wants to help fix this junk.

Why would US amps use LM caps?

Anyways I could use some help but it seems nobody wants to.

RE amps doesn't answer the phone, they dont return calls, they dont return emails.

Its ridiculous
hit up Shawn King on FB. His profile pic is some old DSM Rockford amps. He fixes amps and might be able to help you, or at least send you to someone else who can

Had that amp before. It died about a month after install. Seen a lot of AX amps dead over the years and you shouldnt spend to much money trying fixing it. It's a cool amp and it sounds really nice but it didnt outperformed the audison 2.9 I replaced it with.

I think Dirk still works there but a website without updates for over a year is never a good sign.

20160410_060207.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.