Sign in to follow this  
mistafisz

can i run two different amps for 5 speaker setup?

Im thinking of running 2 different amps in my car for 4 speakers and a sub. Is this possible to do? First amp would be a mono 1100w, 400rms at 4ohms for my 10inch, 4ohm, 150w rms sub. second amp is 4 channel 1200w running at 150wrmsx4 channels for my 2 100w rms coaxial and 2 100w rms components. My head unit is a kenwood kdc bt558u. I fairly new to audio systems in general, any help and explanation is appreciated. thank you. 

Edited by mistafisz

On 1/9/2019 at 6:50 PM, mistafisz said:

Im thinking of running 2 different amps in my car for 4 speakers and a sub. Is this possible to do? First amp would be a mono 1100w, 400rms at 4ohms for my 10inch, 4ohm, 150w rms sub. second amp is 4 channel 1200w running at 150wrmsx4 channels for my 2 100w rms coaxial and 2 100w rms components. My head unit is a kenwood kdc bt558u. I fairly new to audio systems in general, any help and explanation is appreciated. thank you. 

yes, you can run 2 amps. for that matter, you can run 10 amps to 5 speakers technically. Or 5 amps to 5 speakers, or 3 amps to 5 speakers etc etc etc. Most folks get a decent 4 channel for the fronts and rears and a mono for the sub. some folks get a sturdy 5 channel for all of em. The real answer is very long and very short at the same time

Can you run multiple amps? yes

should you? probably

from there your wiring, battery, grounding etc etc all comes into play and we can help you with all that too

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Thanks a lot! I ended up buying a 4 channel for the front and back speakers and a mono for the sub. 

Edited by mistafisz

On 1/12/2019 at 9:47 PM, mistafisz said:

Thanks a lot! I ended up buying a 4 channel for the front and back speakers and a mono for the sub. 

word. dont be afraid to hit the like button on posts that help you out bro

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this