What Type of Alpine Connector is This?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Farkel
10+ year member

I am looking to change out and update my current Alpine headunit (circa 2010) with a more modern JVC headunit. After digging through my current system and wiring, I noticed that my amplifier's 3 pairs of RCA cables (front, rear, and subwoofer) are all tied into this Alpine "PXA-H100 IMPRINT" module that appears to join the channels together and processes equalization... and at the other end, into the headunit, is this cable: 

IMG_3187.jpg

What is that connector called? Do modern day Alpine headunits still have that port? 

If I do end up with the JVC headunit... aside from most likely not having that connection and thus requiring me to ditch the Imprint module, is that I will need to somehow tie my current 3 Pre-Outs into just 1, which is all the JVC has. What's the best way to handle this? 

THANKS

I am looking to change out and update my current Alpine headunit (circa 2010) with a more modern JVC headunit. After digging through my current system and wiring, I noticed that my amplifier's 3 pairs of RCA cables (front, rear, and subwoofer) are all tied into this Alpine "PXA-H100 IMPRINT" module that appears to join the channels together and processes equalization... and at the other end, into the headunit, is this cable: 

View attachment 3581

What is that connector called? Do modern day Alpine headunits still have that port? 

If I do end up with the JVC headunit... aside from most likely not having that connection and thus requiring me to ditch the Imprint module, is that I will need to somehow tie my current 3 Pre-Outs into just 1, which is all the JVC has. What's the best way to handle this? 

THANKS
thats the alpine proprietary AI-Net plug. They used 2 types of connectors back in the day, AI-Net and M-Bus, this is the former. It was for cd changer controls, ipod connectivity etc before the widespread advent of USB in cars.

I was out of the audio scene for several years, so i dont know when Alpine ditched AI-Net, but im about 99% sure they did indeed ditch it.

The IMPRINT unit is a nice external processor (for its time), and whoever had that stuff before you spent a pretty penny on it.

The best way to handle it is to just go RCAs to the deck and rely on its internal processor or get a DSP.  If youre wanting to run more than 2 channels of amplification, youre going to want a better deck than one with just one red and one white

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info

unfortunately the only HU I can go with that has a reverse camera screen on it and is a true Single DIN is the JVC I was talking about with its 1 Preout..

I feel like this is a balancing act now. Is there another elegant way to deal with getting my 3 preouts down to one, without the Imprint? Or maybe there’s a way to leave the imprint and convert its AI-Net connector?

Thanks for the info

unfortunately the only HU I can go with that has a reverse camera screen on it and is a true Single DIN is the JVC I was talking about with its 1 Preout..

I feel like this is a balancing act now. Is there another elegant way to deal with getting my 3 preouts down to one, without the Imprint? Or maybe there’s a way to leave the imprint and convert its AI-Net connector?
are you the dude with the exige s?

nevermind, i looked at your post history, youre the dude i was thinking you are LoL we arent gonna help you because you have too cool of a car 😛 kidding!!!

the AI NET deck you had in there is a pretty much dead and gone idea unless you go with a few off brand decks or find another alpine that has the screen built in. was the old one a flip out screen one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I plan on just ripping the old IMPRINT and Alpine deck out altogether. The problem still remains on how best to connect 3 RCAs into a new JVC deck that only supports 1 RCA channel... and this is the only deck I can buy. Is there like... an RCA joiner or something? 

Pic of said Exige 😎

IMG_3101.JPG

Yeah I plan on just ripping the old IMPRINT and Alpine deck out altogether. The problem still remains on how best to connect 3 RCAs into a new JVC deck that only supports 1 RCA channel... and this is the only deck I can buy. Is there like... an RCA joiner or something? 

Pic of said Exige 😎

View attachment 3587
yep, hate you... LOLOL!! thats a sweet whip man! anyways, why is that the only deck you can buy while you have a $50,000 car? 

yep, hate you... LOLOL!! thats a sweet whip man! anyways, why is that the only deck you can buy while you have a $50,000 car? 
From the other thread, I need to find a single DIN deck that has a small reverse camera capable screen in it, no flip outs, etc. due to the compact interior. And the JVC deck is the only one that fits the bill

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.