Budget 4 channel amp

I'm looking for an amp for my son's car now.  I bought him a new deck, 6.5's and tweets for Christmas but I think his old amp might need replaced.  He has an older crossfire 4 channel.  Only 3 channels play and it sounds pretty bad.  It's also been exposed to water because it's rusting. I figure it's probably easier to get him a new amp and run new wires.  Is the Pioneer GM8604 still the go to budget amp?   I just looked and it's $140.  Did they price go up on these, I thought they used to be cheaper than that.  Is this still the best bang for your buck?  Thanks. 

I'm looking for an amp for my son's car now.  I bought him a new deck, 6.5's and tweets for Christmas but I think his old amp might need replaced.  He has an older crossfire 4 channel.  Only 3 channels play and it sounds pretty bad.  It's also been exposed to water because it's rusting. I figure it's probably easier to get him a new amp and run new wires.  Is the Pioneer GM8604 still the go to budget amp?   I just looked and it's $140.  Did they price go up on these, I thought they used to be cheaper than that.  Is this still the best bang for your buck?  Thanks. 
its still your ringer for that price. They put out the power and from all the reports of people on here have low failure rates. If you wanted to coin up a bit, Zapco is still a great alternative. There is a guy on fb selling a 4 channel for a reasonable price. Chad is his name, hit him up. I bought my Zapco 2 channel from him. Good seller

Screenshot_20190107-115924_Facebook.jpg

where did ya hear that from? not doubting you, just curious
5 car stereo think they said they'll be 1 ohm stable  in stereo mode. Assume they'll be 2ohm stable bridged idk. Should be more info later this week. Maybe already on their site. China's taking over though hard telling how that's going to affect quality 

Last edited by a moderator:
5 car stereo think they said they'll be 1 ohm stable  in stereo mode. Assume they'll be 2ohm stable bridged idk. Should be more info later this week. Maybe already on their site. China's taking over though hard telling how that's going to affect quality 
Yep 5 star car stereo. Latest vid at around the 17 min mark

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.