10" Sub choice for Porsche 944 Orion hcca 225g4 amp

Participant count
  • Participants list

Summitp

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I've got a 944 that I am planning on sticking a 10" sub in the spare location.  I have an  Orion hcca 225g4 amp that I fell for because it is beautiful, and people had nothing but good to say about them.  My box will be about 1500ci, could be smaller.  From what I understand about the amp, it runs best at 1 ohm.  Correct me if I am mistaken.  So I have been looking at 10" subs with dual 2 ohm voice coils.  I like to listen to rock, reggae, some hip hop, and some techno.   My goal for the car is to be able to drive fast with the top off (whole roof panel lifts out like a giant sunroof, not a convertible or targa) and hear my music clearly!  

Sub size:. 10"

Box size: 1500ci

Car: small hatchback

Music:. Rock reggae, hip hop, techno.

Rest of system:. 

front stage 5 ¼ alpine type r components,

Rear fills are 6 ½ diamond h600s components

Amp:. Alpine mrv f505 100watts per channel

I don't know enough to know where to start, so I think one ohm to get the most from the amp, and be able to power a 400rms sub or so.  So I end up looking at an Alpine type r 10 with dual 2ohm coils.  Right track?  Ready to pull trigger and build box now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.