Skar audio amp setting recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently bought a rp1500 mono amp and 12"evl sub. I was lookin for recommendations for amp settings on gain, subsonic, and lpf for optimal sound without exceeding my 1250 rms max on the sub.
box description, wiring etc. The box is going to make a huge difference on the subsonic as if its set to way below what the box is tuned to (if ported) the woofer will flap around not producing any bass and potentially damaging it. Gain is set by ear in an empty parking lot far away from people with the volume set to the maximum listening level youll ever turn it up to due to the bass knob not having a clipping indicator. lpf at around 120ish depending on where it sounds best. all it does is cut the frequencies at 12db per octave at whatever freq you set it at, so its kind of a preference thing. leave the 3 position switch all the way to the left

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.