New system recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgaccord

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys

10 years ago I use to be into car audio and 

Got into gaming so I stop the hobbie

Now I recently purchased a 98 explorer which came with jvc hu ,2 10" cvr and cheap kenwood amp.

Sounds decent,but want to to make this car sound better

So I'm asking for your guys help as I been out so long and don't know what's decent out there. Budget for radio under $200

1 10" that would work sound great on ported box tuned 32hz $200

Components $200 

Amp for Components $250

Amp for sub $300

I would appreciate your help

Thanks

Hey guys

10 years ago I use to be into car audio and 

Got into gaming so I stop the hobbie

Now I recently purchased a 98 explorer which came with jvc hu ,2 10" cvr and cheap kenwood amp.

Sounds decent,but want to to make this car sound better

So I'm asking for your guys help as I been out so long and don't know what's decent out there. Budget for radio under $200

1 10" that would work sound great on ported box tuned 32hz $200

Components $200 

Amp for Components $250

Amp for sub $300

I would appreciate your help

Thanks
oh man, this question could have 50 different answers but some questions first. Whats your electrical look like? Are you building a box? How much room are you willing to give up? RCAs already ran? Do you have any brand preference for decks?(many are good nowadays, but the menus are vastly different from each other)

Thanks for response.

I'm using stock alternator running 2gauge power and ground

Already ran rca

Looking for pioneer or kenwood deck

Building box thats around 2cubic feet

I had some pioneer components before and love how they sound

With jl audio 4 channel and where I had tweeter all way down to 4000hz

Sub I was thinking 10 w3 or fi q

Thanks for response.

I'm using stock alternator running 2gauge power and ground

Already ran rca

Looking for pioneer or kenwood deck

Building box thats around 2cubic feet

I had some pioneer components before and love how they sound

With jl audio 4 channel and where I had tweeter all way down to 4000hz

Sub I was thinking 10 w3 or fi q
if i was in the deck market again, i think id try out kenwood this time. ive been a dyed in the wool pioneer fan for decades and am on my second pioneer double din dvd deck and its been good for the most part, but it has a few things that are pretty annoying about the unit i currently have that replaced annoying things about the previous one i had (avh-x4500bt). Since kenwood and jvc merged, it seems that they have a new wind in their sails against the mighty pioneer. Whatever you get, make sure it has all the fun toys you want and of course the actual stuff you need (4v pre, 13 band eq, 24 bit dac, time alignment, ability for bi amping fronts, good crossovers etc etc etc)

whats making you want to go with a W3? dont mind me on this one, i just hate JL. I know they make solid stuff, and id never tell you not to get one if it would suit your needs, and ive recommended them to tons of people, i just hate that brand LoL again, i cant stress enough that they make good quality stuff (for the vast majority of their products), i just dont like them because their price seems nowhere near justified.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.