S.O.S CAR ACCIDENT sub isn't working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ali2627

Hi all please give me some advice, i got rear-ended and my sub with built in amp in the trunk. The sub was thrown from it's mounted location since she hit me going 40 mph. At first it with the damages it worked half the time but then again i didn't drive my car much. Now they did the repairs and it doesn't work at all. Even took it to them again to see if the missed anything to the bodyshop. I see it's powered on cause a blue light is on but how strong is a sub with amp built in? you think that would be enough to mess it up inside? 

Hi all please give me some advice, i got rear-ended and my sub with built in amp in the trunk. The sub was thrown from it's mounted location since she hit me going 40 mph. At first it with the damages it worked half the time but then again i didn't drive my car much. Now they did the repairs and it doesn't work at all. Even took it to them again to see if the missed anything to the bodyshop. I see it's powered on cause a blue light is on but how strong is a sub with amp built in? you think that would be enough to mess it up inside? 
can you place your fingers on the cone and push it back and forth on both sides and see if it makes any scratchy sounds? if it moves ok and all that, then youre going to want to take the woofer out of the enclosure and put a multimeter on the connections after disconnecting the wires from it to see what the impedance is. if its around 2 or 4 then its in good shape, if its anything but those numbers, its bad. When i say 2, expect it to be anywhere from 1.8 to 2.2 same range with 4, 3.8 to 4.2

If it's a sub with a built in amp, it's probably low grade equipment. The impact could have damaged the amp internally and the whole thing might need to be replaced.  If you can show proof of payment and it was an insurance claim I would contact the insurance company who is paying the claim and ask them to cover it. 

Yeah gonna make insurance pay but they have been a bitc.h and act like everything was already broken lol. I mean it did work after the accident for a little bit so the cone should be fine i assume the amp is damaged since it wasn't as strong

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.