looking for coaxial 6x9 with a balanced frequency response on a budget?

Participant count
  • Participant list

realflow100

CarAudio.com Recruit
is there any I can get has a reasonably balanced response without anything being emphasized too much over the rest? extra bass is ok as long as its not boomy or overpowering.

also looking to get it within a reasonable price range. not over 60-70$ if I can.

could someone link me a few to choose from from amazon.com? I can only order from amazon at the moment.

is there any I can get has a reasonably balanced response without anything being emphasized too much over the rest? extra bass is ok as long as its not boomy or overpowering.

also looking to get it within a reasonable price range. not over 60-70$ if I can.

could someone link me a few to choose from from amazon.com? I can only order from amazon at the moment.
only one i can think to recommend is the https://www.amazon.com/JBL-3-Way-Coaxial-Speaker-System/dp/B01KW2ORIG/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1546451727&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=jbl+6x9

Those look nice. and I think my amplifier will be fine with 3 ohms at 12v. it is a small class D amplifier rated 5v to 24v with a heatsink and its very efficient using almost every last percent of power input to drive the speakers. i'm running it from a 12v 5A power supply or occasionally a 12v NIMH battery pack

it doesnt even get warm when playing at max volume for hours at 12v. even at 15.5v it still stays cool. I think those will be fine. my amplifier has over-current protection so I dont think it will have any issues running those. and those look like great speakers very good RMS power rating. no tinsel leads showing in the front. clean look when installed in a box. I will definitely pick those up in about a month when I get some more money! And not a bad price either! my amplifier will handle lower ohm speakers as long as the over current limit isnt reached. so I may even get more power and efficiency with these speakers than the 4 ohm speakers I was using

My amplifier i'm using doesnt clip at maximum volume.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-PR9613IS-3-Way-Car-Speaker/dp/B073QXS5JN/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1547009754&sr=8-40&keywords=6x9+speakers

Ive actually been floating around looking at some mainstream 6x9s to replace my CDT 6.5s and ID 6.5s for bench testing some amps, and grabbing 2 sets of these or a set of the others on bottom with the tweeter DB obtion and a little more rms handeling....I was looking int a pair of Polks also.Kinda like the Polks a bit more specs wise, but Just for bench testing and utilize in the garage for some wall mounts later on?? Why not

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-REF-9623ix-Speaker-Edge-Driven-Tweeters/dp/B01E8OZ1KM/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1547010200&sr=8-29&keywords=6x9+speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.