realflow100

MTX terminator dual 12" subwoofers vented box smelly voice coils?

Well it works for me and I can tell if its clipping or not very easily. it keeps the clipping below the audible point and negligible

you seem to be unable to be helped at this point. If it works for you then that's great. I mean if you're an expert I question your choices on equipment?
Seems to me the question to your issue has been answered several times..

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 type r 8s 1.1 37 hz amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  type s 15 3.5 @ 30hz or type s12 2.4 @ 36 hz  or jbl s3 1.5 42hz. 2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

13 hours ago, fithwheel said:

i bet one of my ultimax 8"s would smack around those terminators. doubt I'd have to break the other 1 out 

Ya no doubt.  I have a planet audio 10  ($30 at Fry's) in about a 2 cuft box with a 4 in. aero port that rattles the walls easily.  So I could only imagine how a couple of those 8s would do in the same box...I was really surprised at how it came out and I was just throwing it together real quick.  Yet, even compared to the Terminator series the PA10 handles a bit more power easily (or so based on what the mfg listed).

8 minutes ago, nate0 said:

Ya no doubt.  I have a planet audio 10  ($30 at Fry's) in about a 2 cuft box with a 4 in. aero port that rattles the walls easily.  So I could only imagine how a couple of those 8s would do in the same box...I was really surprised at how it came out and I was just throwing it together real quick.  Yet, even compared to the Terminator series the PA10 handles a bit more power easily (or so based on what the mfg listed).

around 2 cuft is what I'm planning on building when I get to them. I think they'll do fine around 28 30 hz for the HT set up. I've got a type s 15 I originally built for car audio on a Dayton sa 1000 that's been fun but I'd like it in a lower tuned with more air space for ht. Idk might sell it an ho 18 looks tempting.

I haven't been building boxes too long but it is pretty cool how you can manipulate them to best fit your application and expectations. It's pretty much how I've been spending most of my weekends lately.
I don't get these cheap pre fab loaded boxes. Seems like mtx wouldn't want something like that out there.I looked at that It seems like a good door stop or boat anchor to me idk. I'd much rather have your 30 dollar sub in your well built box then that.  I really try not to put down anyone's equipment (people sure could mine) but damn that set up idk man..

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 type r 8s 1.1 37 hz amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  type s 15 3.5 @ 30hz or type s12 2.4 @ 36 hz  or jbl s3 1.5 42hz. 2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

14 minutes ago, fithwheel said:

around 2 cuft is what I'm planning on building when I get to them. I think they'll do fine around 28 30 hz for the HT set up. I've got a type s 15 I originally built for car audio on a Dayton sa 1000 that's been fun but I'd like it in a lower tuned with more air space for ht. Idk might sell it an ho 18 looks tempting.

I haven't been building boxes too long but it is pretty cool how you can manipulate them to best fit your application and expectations. It's pretty much how I've been spending most of my weekends lately.
I don't get these cheap pre fab loaded boxes. Seems like mtx wouldn't want something like that out there.I looked at that It seems like a good door stop or boat anchor to me idk. I'd much rather have your 30 dollar sub in your well built box then that.  I really try not to put down anyone's equipment (people sure could mine) but damn that set up idk man..

Ya, man live and learn.  It just depends. This dinky 10 in a box aint nothing special, but it works and fairly decent at that. It won't go below like 28hz I think, but at least I have something to test my audio tracks out on before I play them in my car. That is the only reason I use it now.  I like to see where I can improve or make it even better, efficient, louder, smaller, etc whatever.  I am ocd on some things and others just don't care. But if you want something very specific just for you and what you need, you have to learn how to do it yourself.  Companies out there tailor to the general norm, and we as consumers buy that up for what it is, and if we want we have the option to do more or less which is the cool part. But it takes work and trial and error some times.

Edited by nate0

19 minutes ago, nate0 said:

Ya, man live and learn.  It just depends. This dinky 10 in a box aint nothing special, but it works and fairly decent at that. It won't go below like 28hz I think, but at least I have something to test my audio tracks out on before I play them in my car. That is the only reason I use it now.  I like to see where I can improve or make it even better, efficient, louder, smaller, etc whatever.  I am ocd on some things and others just don't care. But if you want something very specific just for you and what you need, you have to learn how to do it yourself.  Companies out there tailor to the general norm, and we as consumers buy that up for what it is, and if we want we have the option to do more or less which is the cool part. But it takes work and trial and error some times.

no doubt. Personally think people just getting into It need to start out small and work their way up. You can do some pretty good sounding  systems that get fairly loud with just 500 600 watts total power. See so many start out with 2500 + mono amps hooked up to stock electrical etc.I wouldn't like living and learning that way lol.
I'm pretty much the same way. I just started my 4th box for the same sub today.. I worry about the finish on some of them some of them I just get them together and they look how they look always good with It as long as they're put together nicely.

9 hours ago, fithwheel said:

no doubt. Personally think people just getting into It need to start out small and work their way up. You can do some pretty good sounding  systems that get fairly loud with just 500 600 watts total power. See so many start out with 2500 + mono amps hooked up to stock electrical etc.I wouldn't like living and learning that way lol.
I'm pretty much the same way. I just started my 4th box for the same sub today.. I worry about the finish on some of them some of them I just get them together and they look how they look always good with It as long as they're put together nicely.

what we have here is.... failure to communicate.... some men you just cant reach, so we get what we had here last week. Which is the way he wants it.... Well... HE GETS IT!!! I dont like this any more than you men do

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

On 1/11/2019 at 11:52 PM, youdoofus said:

i first saw the line in a home audio sw build but the guy was using either 10s or 12s and was very austrailian lol they seemed to do the trick in that environment but havent seen much of them in cars. not sure why

Box size requirements mostly. They like huge boxes.

20 minutes ago, ckeeler11 said:

Box size requirements mostly. They like huge boxes.

thats what i gathered from the videos ive seen with them. They friggin bang tho boyyeee. Im gonna build a new home sub box with an old Rockford HE2 12" i got laying around with a dayton plate amp with the built in DSP and bluetooth control. Slot ported box built to the T/S parameters and that flex happy HE2 should provide some nice low end. I think ill try to put it back behind the couch and bluetooth the signal. Great, now im headed to the AVS forums to ask about latency for BT connected subs :D

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

35 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

thats what i gathered from the videos ive seen with them. They friggin bang tho boyyeee. Im gonna build a new home sub box with an old Rockford HE2 12" i got laying around with a dayton plate amp with the built in DSP and blu7etooth control. Slot ported box built to the T/S parameters and that flex happy HE2 should provide some nice low end. I think ill try to put it back behind the couch and bluetooth the signal. Great, now im headed to the AVS forums to ask about latency for BT connected subs :D

What you're not going with terminators?

The 250 or 500? They look like nice amplifiers. Should be fun to play around with.

Edited by fithwheel

34 minutes ago, fithwheel said:

What you're not going with terminators?

The 250 or 500? They look like nice amplifiers. Should be fun to play around with.

baahahahahahahahaha!! naw man, i got that HE2 in around 99 or 2000 and its still in great shape. Id love to have me some old school cones shakin the place. my living room inst huge, and the Def Tech powered 10" does pretty damn ok as it is, so i imagine the HE2 12 will do even better with about 250 watts running to it. its a dula 4 coil, so im not sure what plate amp to use as theyre all rates at 4 ohms, but i want to stick with a plate amp for the sake of simplicity

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

13 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

baahahahahahahahaha!! naw man, i got that HE2 in around 99 or 2000 and its still in great shape. Id love to have me some old school cones shakin the place. my living room inst huge, and the Def Tech powered 10" does pretty damn ok as it is, so i imagine the HE2 12 will do even better with about 250 watts running to it. its a dula 4 coil, so im not sure what plate amp to use as theyre all rates at 4 ohms, but i want to stick with a plate amp for the sake of simplicity

Nice..

I thought they were so I went and looked notice the non dsp dayton amps I looked at had 8 ohm ratings but the 250 and 500 with the dsp didn't. I would think it would be at least half the 4ohm rating. 500 should do nicely I would think. 

16 hours ago, fithwheel said:

Nice..

I thought they were so I went and looked notice the non dsp dayton amps I looked at had 8 ohm ratings but the 250 and 500 with the dsp didn't. I would think it would be at least half the 4ohm rating. 500 should do nicely I would think. 

yeah, they dayton ones were the only i saw on that site with BT controls which would be nice

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

11 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

yeah, they dayton ones were the only i saw on that site with BT controls which would be nice

I've been very happy with mine. It does have the turn off pop issue there's away to remedy that but I've been using the auto turn off and on without issue 

I hooked up a 12v 6-cell super capacitor bank with 500 farads per super capacitor and it seems to hit harder and less boomy sounding. better low frequencies 

On 1/16/2019 at 2:02 AM, realflow100 said:

I hooked up a 12v 6-cell super capacitor bank with 500 farads per super capacitor and it seems to hit harder and less boomy sounding. better low frequencies 

im sorry sir, this has morphed into a home theater subwoofer thread now :D

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

I just got some new speakers to go with my subwoofers. Dayton audio MK402!!!! INCREDIBLE speakers and sound quality now! Even the dayton audio speakers themselves have incredible bass alone!

You put bookshelf speakers in your car? Or am I missing something here?

1 minute ago, fithwheel said:

You put bookshelf speakers in your car? Or am I missing something here?

Like you have never seen that before!?

1 minute ago, nate0 said:

Like you have never seen that before!?

Lol not since the 80s

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now