Difference between Audiopipe TXX-BD2 vs BD4 worth it?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Atunzuman

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I name any newcomer mistakes! 

I apologize if this is a rudimentary question, but I was wondering if there are big enough differences between the following 12" subs that would warrant me opting for either the BD3 / BD4 over the BD2, and if so, what would I also need to purchase/upgrade to acclimate this. One of my Audiopipe TXX BD2s blew after heavy usage, so I was wondering if I should just buy another one since the right sub still works, or if its worth the extra hundred or so to upgrade. (Meaning I'd buy two BD4s rather than just one BD2 to replace the blown one). 

TXX-BD2 Specs: https://www.audiopipe.com/product-page/txx-bd2-12

TXX-BD4 Specs: https://www.audiopipe.com/product-page/txx-bd4-12

Here is an album with some pictures of the setup: Click Here for album.

*Note: The Amp settings had not been adjusted since purchasing the vehicle as it was mounted down out of reach. 

I bought a car used and the previous owner left his sound system already hooked up. From what I can see, it came with the following:

• Two Audiopipe TXX-BD2 12" subs inside a ported(?) QBOMB box. (However the left subwoofer blew)

• 1600w Audiopipe Amp

• Extra Battery that helps support the system (?)

• Stock 4.3 Touchscreen Uconnect Head Unit (Dodge Charger 2013)

I appreciate any response greatly!

Is it really that bad? When I had the TXX-BD2s, they sounded alright to me. 😕
audio pipe will get you sneers around 90% of the forums. If you are able to sell it and get some decent cash for it, do it. Not kidding. The extra battery in the trunk might be ok, i cent see what it is exactly, but its 99.999% an agm if its in the trunk as a lead acid would likely kill you. Looks like 0 gauge from the front to the spare batt and 4 gauge from batt to amp, so youre off to a good start. Since you blew one of the subs, youre going to want to replace them both anyways because you have no idea what kind of shape the other subs coil is in and it could give out as well taking the new replacement sub with it on a mono amp. Its worth it to upgrade

audio pipe will get you sneers around 90% of the forums. If you are able to sell it and get some decent cash for it, do it. Not kidding. The extra battery in the trunk might be ok, i cent see what it is exactly, but its 99.999% an agm if its in the trunk as a lead acid would likely kill you. Looks like 0 gauge from the front to the spare batt and 4 gauge from batt to amp, so youre off to a good start. Since you blew one of the subs, youre going to want to replace them both anyways because you have no idea what kind of shape the other subs coil is in and it could give out as well taking the new replacement sub with it on a mono amp. Its worth it to upgrade
Is there any particular reason why they are viewed poorly? Granted this is my second setup, they seemed alright to me up until the left one gave out. It was a lot stronger/powerful than my first budget setup with MTX TNE212D subs. (Was a broke college student just looking to add a little bit of extra punch) 

So here are my three questions:

1) If you do not recommend two TXX-BD4s, what would you recommend at the same price range that can hit hard? I don't mind it not having the best sound quality perhaps, because I more so just need powerful bass that shakes the car for the type of music I listen to; therefor I thought the TXX worked for me. It's listed at $220 on amazon

12" Inch Subwoofer 2200 Watts Max Dual 2 Ohm Audiopipe TXX-BD4-12D2 TXXBD4 12D2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CX6MRMY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t-LkCbGKS41VJ

Or

Audiopipe 12" Woofer 2200 Watts Dual 4 Ohm Vc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725B78VV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YaMkCbDW84TKA

(I'm not sure why there's the price difference for the same model? 4ohm VS 2ohm?)

2) Upon your recommendation, do I need a new Amp? If so, what? 

3) Will my QBOMB box do? 

Thanks for all the help and I'm sorry for the noob questions! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any particular reason why they are viewed poorly? Granted this is my second setup, they seemed alright to me up until the left one gave out. It was a lot stronger/powerful than my first budget setup with MTX TNE212D subs. (Was a broke college student just looking to add a little bit of extra punch) 

So here are my three questions:

1) If you do not recommend two TXX-BD4s, what would you recommend? It's listed at $220 on amazon

12" Inch Subwoofer 2200 Watts Max Dual 2 Ohm Audiopipe TXX-BD4-12D2 TXXBD4 12D2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CX6MRMY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t-LkCbGKS41VJ

Or

Audiopipe 12" Woofer 2200 Watts Dual 4 Ohm Vc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725B78VV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YaMkCbDW84TKA

(I'm not sure why there's the price difference for the same model? 4ohm VS 2ohm?)

2) Upon your recommendation, do I need a new Amp? If so, what? 

3) Will my QBOMB box do? 

Thanks for all the help and I'm sorry for the noob questions! 
no worries for noob questions man, its always a learning curve, even for the pros. Anyone who feigns 100% knowledge is a liar :)

1) i have the same quandary for the older childs car and am going to get an american bass xd 12" for around $90, you could get 2 of them for 180 and be better off than the audio pipe stuff. Skar makes good stuff for the price too, but the guy who owns the company is a d-bag and it seems that the community frowns upon supporting him.

2) yes, a new amp would do you well. if youre running 2 12"s, get dual 4 ohm woofers and wire them to 2 ohms each, then down to 1 at the amp. I just got a SoundQubed S1-1250 and that would do very well for you and its $150. Plus your electrical in the trunk at least looks strong

that box will definitely do well if youre not wanting to build one

hey @denim you wanna look at the specs of his qbomb and see if those AB XD subs will be a good match? He is on a budget constraint of around 220 for 2 12's and already has the box etc etc (if youre bored, read the other stuff above) @Atunzuman Denim is an authorized dealer for many brands and can get ya pointed in the right direction. there isnt a single person who knows Denim who would disagree

no worries for noob questions man, its always a learning curve, even for the pros. Anyone who feigns 100% knowledge is a liar :)

1) i have the same quandary for the older childs car and am going to get an american bass xd 12" for around $90, you could get 2 of them for 180 and be better off than the audio pipe stuff. Skar makes good stuff for the price too, but the guy who owns the company is a d-bag and it seems that the community frowns upon supporting him.

2) yes, a new amp would do you well. if youre running 2 12"s, get dual 4 ohm woofers and wire them to 2 ohms each, then down to 1 at the amp. I just got a SoundQubed S1-1250 and that would do very well for you and its $150. Plus your electrical in the trunk at least looks strong

that box will definitely do well if youre not wanting to build one
1) Thank you for the recommendation, although I still am at lost as too why people frown upon Audiopipe Subs. I know it has a bad rep, but why? As in, if I opt for the sub you recommended, how will the experience be different than the BD4s? Sorry for all the questions and I really appreciate your help! 

And is there a difference between the two subs I linked? They appear to have the same model # it looks like, but there's a price difference of about $100.

2) Sounds good, thanks! I'll research into amps! 

The electrical setup is decent I suppose is because it's a 2013 Dodge Charger. The main battery is in the trunk which makes it easy to connect to. It's underneath everything you see in the picture. 

hey @denim you wanna look at the specs of his qbomb and see if those AB XD subs will be a good match? He is on a budget constraint of around 220 for 2 12's and already has the box etc etc (if youre bored, read the other stuff above) @Atunzuman Denim is an authorized dealer for many brands and can get ya pointed in the right direction. there isnt a single person who knows Denim who would disagree
Thanks! I appreciate the help! I cannot lie, I felt a little nervous responding to you with questions because of your username 😅😅.

And I'm not necessarily constrained, I just don't want to spend more than I need to. I was content with the sound I was getting with the BD2s, however one of them blew, so I'm looking into upgrading simply because of that. 

Thanks! I appreciate the help! I cannot lie, I felt a little nervous responding to you with questions because of your username 😅😅.

And I'm not necessarily constrained, I just don't want to spend more than I need to. I was content with the sound I was getting with the BD2s, however one of them blew, so I'm looking into upgrading simply because of that. 
no worries man, ive been "youdoofus" since the mid 90s in the AOL days and i get that response often. 

So, the txx-bd2-12 vs the txx-bd4-12 is day and night

your links are broken in your OP btw, here is the 2-12 https://www.audiopipe.com/product-page/txx-bd2-12

and here is the 4-12 https://www.audiopipe.com/product-page/txx-bd4-12

one is a small magnet and the other is a quad stack of iron ferrite and looks pretty beefy. when i joined the forum i was dead set on getting rockfords and i didnt listen to the advice of the senior guys on here, and dont get me wrong, my P3s can slam, but i think i would have been better off listening to the guys here rather than sticking with my brand preference. Had i listened, id be rocking some sundowns from the same era and im sure id be happier

no worries man, ive been "youdoofus" since the mid 90s in the AOL days and i get that response often. 

So, the txx-bd2-12 vs the txx-bd4-12 is day and night

your links are broken in your OP btw, here is the 2-12 https://www.audiopipe.com/product-page/txx-bd2-12

and here is the 4-12 https://www.audiopipe.com/product-page/txx-bd4-12

one is a small magnet and the other is a quad stack of iron ferrite and looks pretty beefy. when i joined the forum i was dead set on getting rockfords and i didnt listen to the advice of the senior guys on here, and dont get me wrong, my P3s can slam, but i think i would have been better off listening to the guys here rather than sticking with my brand preference. Had i listened, id be rocking some sundowns from the same era and im sure id be happier
Thanks! So it looks like the 2-12 is double stacked while the 4-12 is quaddrouble stacked as you said! The difference is night in day? Well that's certainly enticing! 

I really just want something that has power and will slam, that's why I wasn't to excited to ditch to Audiopipe for something that perhaps sounds cleaner but isn't as loud(?). But if the sub you recommended is not only higher quality but also just as loud or louder, than that's good in my book! 

In the end if I do end up getting the 4-12s, 

why are these BD4s priced so differently if they are the same subwoofer:

12" Inch Subwoofer 2200 Watts Max Dual 2 Ohm Audiopipe TXX-BD4-12D2 TXXBD4 12D2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CX6MRMY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t-LkCbGKS41VJ

Or

Audiopipe 12" Woofer 2200 Watts Dual 4 Ohm Vc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725B78VV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YaMkCbDW84TKA

Hopefully the link works this time! And day and night difference? That's awesome to hear! I was already content with the BD2s so I can't imagine what that means! Lol. 

I am not seeing specs for the Qbomb box in this topic.  If its the HD212 on their website, that is tuned to 39hz, personally I don't like tuning for music that high.

I am not seeing specs for the Qbomb box in this topic.  If its the HD212 on their website, that is tuned to 39hz, personally I don't like tuning for music that high.
he doesnt have the specs listed, but i didnt think that qbomb made too many center ported dual 12" boxes. here is a pic from his google album

Screenshot_20190102-083848_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

he doesnt have the specs listed, but i didnt think that qbomb made too many center ported dual 12" boxes. here is a pic from his google album

View attachment 3540

I'm pretty sure this is the box: http://www.qpowerinc.com/details.aspx?product_id=48 (QBOMB12V)

Well thats why they slam. 40 Hz tuning is brutal.

As for why those 2 subs prices were so different. I can only guess that since it is Amazon it's 2 different sellers and they set their own price. Just as an FYI buying audio from Amazon can be sketchy since you do not know if the seller is an authorized retailer. Yes you have recourse through amazon but that has its limits so you are stuck dealing with a non authorized seller and no manufacturer warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.