Stay at .5ohm or strap for 2ohm?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok so currently I’m running my scv4000 at half ohm. I’ve been thinking lately that I might want to pick up another one depending on my tax return and wire to 2ohms strapped. Would would there be any difference in power or would it be kind of a waste? I’m just wondering cuz my amp is rated 4000rms at 1 ohm but I’m running at half ohm so “theoretically” I would be at 8000rms if there was no impedance rise. 2 scv4000 strapped are rated for 8000rms at 2 ohms before any rise, but could they be much more efficient at the 2ohms resulting in more power? Or maybe sell my current amp and get the 6k instead lol? I might just be rambling but any input would be great

the scv4000 is a serious amp, perhaps overpriced, but serious nonetheless. a scv6000 is definitely overpriced for what power it delivers. I assume that your electrical is bullet proof
Yes very expensive, I’d probly wait till I saw a b-stock one or maybe take a gamble on a yard sale one. Electrical I have a d3400 up front and 2 xp2500’s in the back

and im assuming at least a run or 2 of 0 gauge between them. but dude, to get 6000 watts, $1200 is crazy high these days
Yea I suppose, but I’ve been happy with sundown so far. What amps can make good power for cheaper? I know Brazilian amps make power for crazy cheap but not so reliable.

Yea I suppose, but I’ve been happy with sundown so far. What amps can make good power for cheaper? I know Brazilian amps make power for crazy cheap but not so reliable.
a great many amps from the same build house in korea all have models that can make similar power. check the latest offerings from orion on bigbwiz's youtube channel

The Orion 3000 dsplx did very well on the dyno. I wouldnt mind trying out the 5000dsplx but they seem to be nonexistent lol. So being labeled a spl competition amp, would the hcca not be good choice for a daily driver then? I’ve never ran Orion stuff, are they pretty tough?

The Orion 3000 dsplx did very well on the dyno. I wouldnt mind trying out the 5000dsplx but they seem to be nonexistent lol. So being labeled a spl competition amp, would the hcca not be good choice for a daily driver then? I’ve never ran Orion stuff, are they pretty tough?
they really fell off over the last decade but have been mounting a big comeback. i see some reports of people using them from time and havent seen anyone talking about failures with them. if youre wanting to go into the 6k range tho, taramps isnt a bad way to go. Theyve evolved a lot even over the last year

they really fell off over the last decade but have been mounting a big comeback. i see some reports of people using them from time and havent seen anyone talking about failures with them. if youre wanting to go into the 6k range tho, taramps isnt a bad way to go. Theyve evolved a lot even over the last year
Taramps is tempting, but I feel like I would be worrying about it all the time, I know most Koreans can take a beating so I’m thinking I’ll stay with them. I’m gonna keep an eye out for that Orion 5k though😜

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.