Multiple ports and Port shapes

Participant count
  • Participants list

L1ttlet

CarAudio.com Regular
I have been thinking about different port options and shapes. Due to my space restrictions I was thinking of putting 4 triangle ports in each corner of box to save space and mount subs in preferred way. My question.  Say I  put in all the specs into calculator to get length of a square port I can simply divide length by 4  and then ofcourse 2 triangles will equal square and that would be correct? Same type math if I found the length of a  slot ported slot and wanted two slot ports, I'd cute width in half and then length divided by two? I'm wondering if my math is right on this and would this work. A single port better than multiple ports? Is there any other variables to add to the equations of port? I already know the 12-16inches squared per cubic foot. Just anything else to be aware of as to why this wouldn't work or be best option. 

So another question, new box is going to be 16H x 36W x 25D. It is going to be 1.5"  thick. Bracing and subwoofer displacement is .32ft3. So after all that I  get 5.2ft3 and need a port area of 83"sq.

So I  was thinking of 2.5H x 33W x 15.26L which will be tuned to 33hertz. 

Question is. All the software advises against such a small port as it's not gonna be that wide. Will that effect sound quality? Also the 33hertz and those deminsions is correct? I'm  using ct sounds box maker and it says that those port deminsions will be 49hertz. Way to high. But I've done two different pirt deminsions on google and they both say the 15.26 is 33hertz. I think ct sounds software is incorrect?

Any help would be great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.