need head unit expertise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ăaron C Kay

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay so basically I have an AVH - 600ex Pioneer head unit that I'm having problems with.  now my system Is composed of two 200.2 Rockford's one for my front the other for rear mids and a 1000w mono rockford for my t1. now my problem is that the signal from all ouputs are weak (what do I mean by weak? well I can turn it up max volume on reciever and can barely hear it. but it is trying.

I have switched the 600 with avh211ex so I know it's the head unit I'm just not sure what the check for if I want to fix this. and also have no experience with highlow converters and I'm wondering if and how I could use that for my system?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so basically I have an AVH - 600ex Pioneer head unit that I'm having problems with.  now my system Is composed of two 200.2 Rockford's one for my front the other for rear mids and a 1000w mono rockford for my t1. now my problem is that the signal from all ouputs are weak (what do I mean by weak? well I can turn it up max volume on reciever and can barely hear it. but it is trying.

I have switched the 600 with avh211ex so I know it's the head unit I'm just not sure what the check for if I want to fix this. and also have no experience with highlow converters and I'm wondering if and how I could use that for my system?
the 600ex is a decently spec'd HU. 24 bit d/a converter and 4v pre-outs, 13 band eq, and the ability of active crossovers (which you wouldnt be using in a front/rear speaker setup, but its worth mentioning because not all decks can do this). Here is the spec listing for the output section. If this is your amplifier and you have very little output, then youre doing something wrong. Dont get me wrong, those arent hugely powerful amps, but they arent wimps either. 50 actual watts at 4 ohms is fairly decent to the front and rear stage. What speakers do you have installed? Where are your gains set? What source are you using(i ask this to see if you have attenuation issues in the deck setup). What is the model of the 1000 watt amp on your sub amp? 

What im trying to say is that the stuff youve mentioned so far that you have in your car seems like a list of stuff that would definitely not equal weak output when you crank it up. 

the 600 deck is better than the 211 you mentioned. put the 600 back and address the setup issues and youll be good

pioneer specs.jpg

hey thanks for the reply man. the front are some kenwood xr1703 components and the rears arent anything special, some redline kickers. 

as far as the gains freq ect. 

fronts are set to 60hz gains are maybe 60% gain

rear 80hz 60% gain

t1000bdcp rockford mono is set to 80hz gain is halfway up.

now with all that bein said one of my rockfords were messing up and to make a long story short today I went out there tapped my rear speakers into the factory wiring so I'm using a high and low level. now I think that's vital because i wanted to just be 100%that something is wrong internally in this head unit. but i dont know the first thing about troubleshooting an internal problem PERIOD lol

so basically i can use the 211 perfectly. 

no problem what so ever.  then I plug the 600 in and tried my thumbdrive which is what I usually use and I turn the head unit all the way up and can hear the music, very faint however and static-y. 

plug in the 211, ear pounding. 

plug the 600 in, try and eject the CD that's in and it won't eject it lol. but that's a different problem hopefully. everything from bluetooth to FM have the same output for some reason

hey thanks for the reply man. the front are some kenwood xr1703 components and the rears arent anything special, some redline kickers. 

as far as the gains freq ect. 

fronts are set to 60hz gains are maybe 60% gain

rear 80hz 60% gain

t1000bdcp rockford mono is set to 80hz gain is halfway up.

now with all that bein said one of my rockfords were messing up and to make a long story short today I went out there tapped my rear speakers into the factory wiring so I'm using a high and low level. now I think that's vital because i wanted to just be 100%that something is wrong internally in this head unit. but i dont know the first thing about troubleshooting an internal problem PERIOD lol

so basically i can use the 211 perfectly. 

no problem what so ever.  then I plug the 600 in and tried my thumbdrive which is what I usually use and I turn the head unit all the way up and can hear the music, very faint however and static-y. 

plug in the 211, ear pounding. 

plug the 600 in, try and eject the CD that's in and it won't eject it lol. but that's a different problem hopefully. everything from bluetooth to FM have the same output for some reason
oh, that definitely sounds like a defective deck, the 600 of course

and no problem man. if we arent here to help or at least be funny, then what are we here for? just dont go to the thunderdome thread and ask spidermonkey that :D  (and yes, im being literal, there is an area of this forum called "the thunderdome" and there is a user called "spidermonkey" he is pretty hilarious, but an utter smart a$$ LOL!!!)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.